Girdle question, build in process........

LarryH

Is there a source for a girdle other than Morano which does not require one to shave the main bolts?

Also, isn't the purpose of the baffle/windage tray to both reduce slosh during hard cornering as well as reduce "cavitation" (for lack of a better word) at high rpm?

Thanks for the input. Larry

Coy Miller sells one but I'm not sure about the machining, theres nothing on his site mentioning it. Give him a call.

Windage tray keeps the sump oil off the crankshafts, reducing drag on the crank. Thus stealing less horsepower.

Have you thought about trying to convert to a dry sump system? I haven't dug into the mechanics of getting it done, but it would sure be nice to gain some oil capacity to help keep engine temps in an ideal range plus remove any drag from the crank moving through the oil. I suppose you'd need a custom oil pan as well.

without maching the caps slightly you would get no oil pan clearence. I think they also machine the caps to have a good surface to rest on ..So none of them are like that..

BTM will be releasing a production main stud girdle tomorrow which does not require any machining of the caps or clearancing of the oil pan. Pics and prices and details to be posted tomorrow evening.

Paul

Larry, pricing and other details can be found in the Group Purchases / Specials forum where I will have a post up in about an hour.
ProductionSCGirdle%20005.jpg

As for a windage tray, I think it is an excellent idea. We are presently working on a design to compliment our girdle. I will be running each in my personal SC. Ford put them in the 94-95 for a reason and we all know Ford wasn't in the habit of overengineering parts or fruitlessly spending money on the SC, so it was put there for a reason.

Paul

Last edited:
Back