Reading A Cam Card.

pearl95sc

I posted this about a year back, and didn't get any educated responses, and thus, the thread died. Since there has been so much talk about cams lately, can anyone help me on this. The guys at the machine shop who did my head/intake work, and one of the guys at Morana, told me that it is a good cam. Can some of you guys give me some feedback on this. I'm also curious to know if changing the rockers to 1.8 ratio will give me any more of an increase in power.

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 142
214@.050" will give it a slight lope but nothing the average person will notice. .499" lift is about all I'd run with stock valvetrain. Stock valves don't flow much more over .500".

It would have been better to have more duration on the exhaust side unless your heads flow incredible on the exhaust side and far below average on the intake.

Oh.. and it has 4 degrees of advance in it (pretty much stock). Powerband should be around 2200-5500 with torque peak around 3000-3300 and HP peak around 5200-5300.

Last edited:
BlackbirdSC, thanks.

Well, the guy who did my heads said he opened up the exhaust side the same way they do v8 heads with blower applications, so there should be no breathing problems, he opened the intake side up to the point where I had to grind away some gasket material to match. And he also did what he called a competition valve job. He didn't give me much detail into what he did there, but from what I gather from the other workers, it was similair to a multi-angle valve job. I didn't see the heads with the valves out, so I can't say for certain. I do have stock valves, and had them install some double valve springs.

Back