Another SC in So Cal

D

dseidner

Hey,
Figured I'd post seeing that there is a strong base of people here is SoCal. I just bought a 90 SC, salvage title, which means, some work. I want to do pretty much everything myself though. I just bought the shop manual, should be here anyday. Is there anywhere I can get the car diagnosed as to what's wrong? Currently, I know the brakes are shot. The pedal hits the floor and gives minimal braking and basically no resistance. I'm thinking of upgrading to the bigger brakes w/o the 17" wheels, but I'd like to figure out exactly what's up first. Of course it needs new tires and shocks too, along with a new interior. But, it's muscle and I can drive it anywhere w/o worries. Current upgrade ideas are the K&N Cold Air Induction kit, a set of Koni shocks and eventually there will be more in the making. I'm in Pasadena, if anyone is near the area. Feel free to e-mail me and we can talk tech, cars, upgrades, racing, whatever. More than likely I'm going to have a ton of questions.
------Dylan

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Dylan!

I'm in Azusa. I'd be happy to help where I can.

Before sinking any money in to a car with a salvaged title you might see about getting it insured first!!!! You might find it harder than rebiulding the car;) .

Kurt Sr

salvage title

i'm not worried...as of yet. If I have trouble getting it insured under my own name, I'll have it registered under either a business or my Dad's policy. I'm sure I'll figure it out. If not, then it gets stripped to bare bones to be used as a racer. And, if anything else, I'll part it out...highly unlikely.

Back