Looking for a clutch master cylindar for a 90 sc..

HelpME

I tried ordering it from Genuine Ford Parts out in California I think. They said it was discontinued. Can anyone check this part number on www.partsvoice.com part # #E9SZ7A543A Thanks

Nope but...

I don't have access to that site but...

#1: I recently bought one for my 93 ( I assume they're the same ) so they shouldn't be discontinued. I bought mine from Bonanza Ford up here near Spokane, WA.

#2: If you need one it turned out that my new master cylinder didn't fix the problem my car had ( tranny was hard to get out of gear ). If you just can't find one...I'd be willing to ship mine down there for $25. (That was a shameless self-plug, sorry)

Hopefully somebody knows if 93 and 90 master cylinders are interchangeable, because that would at least let you check around locally for other year parts...anyone?

Brian

Hmmm...

Well at that price you'd better buy it from me!

No seriously that's a great price on a master cylinder for your BRAKES. :D

Brian

I think your gonna have to go aftermarket on the clutch master cylinder. Carquest, napa, autozone etc. should carry them. What kind of problems are you having with it? Check the bushing under the dash, they have been known to wear. Also make sure its full, as the slave cylinders are very known to leak.

HelpME said:
I tried ordering it from Genuine Ford Parts out in California I think. They said it was discontinued. Can anyone check this part number on www.partsvoice.com part # #E9SZ7A543A Thanks

Even though Ford has discontinued the clutch master & other related parts the manufacturer, Auto Specialty, stills makes & sells them (I called them today to confirm). The are located in Carson, CA at 310-513-2060. They do not sell to individuals but their customer service can give you the name of a dealer close to where you live. They not only carry the masters but the reservoirs & lines as well. The P/N for the 89-93 master is Q81002 & 94-up is Q81003.
Good luck
Jim

Nice that the alternative source is available. Not sure why they would have the two different numbers listed, Ford parts catalogue shows the same for 89 - 95, the E9SZ 7A543 A. That number is going obsolete. Still a bit of stock around in some of Ford's parts depots in the U.S., last time I checked with my Ford Canada contact.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back