Auto to Manual

Callmewhitexr7

I am buying an auto xr7 that has no motor or tranny and taking the motor and tranny outta my manual to put in the one im getting. What would i need to do the swap? Would i have to change the harness, comp? About how long would this take to perform? Thanks

NICK

you would of course need the tranny... the whole CLUTCH pedal and the whole MASTER CYLINDER thing... the DRIVE SHAFT from the MANUAL... just pop ur motor in with the computer and harness and ur all set buddy...

becareful with the computer

I just did the swap and used an 89 5-speed computer In my 90 SC Auto. The 89 started throwing engine codes pertaining to the EGR which my 90 did not come with. I swapped back out computers using my 90 auto and had no problems.
Just a word of advise to watch out for.

well im pulling the motor and everything out of my other one to put in this one. about how long did it take you to do the swap?

Callmewhitexr7 said:
well im pulling the motor and everything out of my other one to put in this one. about how long did it take you to do the swap?

Total, 6 days. One sunday, a weekend, and monday and tuesday. The hardest part was the pedals.

Back