Mike V. and Stan - please read

lazybird4pt6

What's up guys?

Need you guys to do me a favour.....give me your EEC processor codes. If it's not under the hood (beside the passenger-side hood hinge) then it's on the computer itself....yes, under the dash. You don't need to remove it to see it, you should be able to see it on the side of the EEC's casing. It's gonna have three letters followed by a number. Example "MBE2" (mine) or "FTE1".
Can you guys oblige??
PATIA!!!!!

BTW - very important - have either of you had your EEC reflashed (at a dealer)?

I have two that aren't in my car and I don't know the code for the one in my 92. The codes I have are (MA13 COS) thats out of a 90 auto and the one from the 89 manual is (MA13 AOHO).

Mine's MBE2. Seems to be a common one. I had it reprogrammed at Northtown Ford once about 6 years ago because the check engine light came on for no apparent reason. They ran a bunch of tests and eventually reprogrammed the thing and sent me away and that was that. When I ordered my Dennis Reinhart chip he needed to know my EEC code before he could program my chip.

will get it for you

hey andrew,

i won't be able to get the eec code for you until sunday, i'm in school all day until 10:00 pm on wednesday and thursday and working 12 hour shifts on friday and saturday. i know it's just a matter of taking the kick panel off, but i need to do that in a garage (too much snow and too cold and i just moved so i need to clear the garage out). i'll get it for you on sunday for sure.

stan

If you guys actually pop the glove box out at the rear so that it can pivot down beyond the normal full-open position, you may be able to read the code off your EEC. You'll need to flex in the little stubs on the glove box to be able to do this. ...Just be careful with how brittle that plastic might be in this cold.

Cheers,

Sean

Mike - thank you!

Stan - no sweat! Sunday is fine, it's not an emergency. My guess is you're gonna be FTE1.

The reason I ask guys is because i'm trying to find out what parameters are changed when a reflash is done. The EEC's strategy is updated and i'm sure that your strategy (Mike) and mine will be considerably different, especially with the transmission functions. I finally got my TwEECer and I can now (well, when I get a friggin' laptop) read our EEC's vitals. If possible i'd like to read BOTH of your EECs. This is for comparison notes mostly.

Sean - VERY GOOD advice. I should have though of that from when Andrew Wang's tuner was installed. Good one, bud!

What is physically involved in reading my EEC? Like, what plugs into what. Remember I've got a Diablosport chip plugged into my EEC's port thingy. With regards to transmission function, the upshift points were raised about 10% and line pressure is increased only during shifts. Supposedly I can also go wide open throttle in overdrive without the transmission downshifting to third. I haven't noticed any other changes to transmission function.
I don't know how to ask this diplomatically, but do you know what you're doing? The guys at Fordchip.com and Reinhart Automotive are current or former Ford employees with access to a lot of proprietary information about how these suckers are programmed. I'd love to see you demonstrate on your car what parameters you change and how you do it and what the result is.
Maybe Wayne or John Zlupko can get you a cheap laptop. Or you can try www.pcused.com

Diplomatic????? Sorry, that's political b.s. that I ignore. Just ask me if I know wtf i'm doing.....yes. I've already got a base tune that will get a few more revisions with seat/dyno time. The crappy part is the weather, obviously. Am I an expert? No. Have I even done this before? No. Did I even know how a car works before I started driving one? No. See where i'm going with this? I'm not afraid of doing anything with MY car. Will I blow it up? No. Do I know everthing about an EEC? Not YET!
Anyways...all that's involved with reading the EEC is to remove it from it's cave and install the TwEECer in the J3 service port and click a button. I have absolutely no intentions of changing anything that already exists in the EEC. If you're not comfortable with this then please say so. I have no problem with being told 'where to go'.
Demonstration? Sure, when I get my laptop i'll bring the stuff by and you can see everything that's involved.
I was talking to Wayne (and Roj - sp?) and Les at last nights meet about what to get for a laptop...new or used, blah blah blah. Picking their brains mostly. I'm still not sure which way to go.
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Congrats, buddy!

...Now for cryin' out loud, lay down a few really quick passes and shut Mr. Varrik up, please?!

;)

Cheers,

Sean

Andrew,
sounds cool now I want to see how much better this is then the tuner I got. To see if I should have wated a year maybe the project car will get it.

Lets see that 13sec pass.:p

congrats

nice to hear that your getting along with that thing. you mentioned that you'd like to get some readings off our eec's, just let me know when and i'll have it parked and ready for you.

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot.

Actually, tonight I was finally able to take my car 'faster' than it has ever gone before - 160 kph with 3.73's (previously limited to 145 kph). I was running out of room and loosing traction, so.....bail! The top speed limiter is officially dead!

My big reason for checking out the EEC on Mike and Stan's cars are just to see the base EEC values/strategies. I want to see what/if Ford did anything different with the '97 compared to the '96. I'm expecting to see minor differences, mostly with the tranny stuff. Mike's re-flashed EEC is of particular interest at this point. Don't worry, Stan, I still want to read your's too. First, I need a laptop.

The 13 second passes aren't untill the rest of the combo is in place. Right now, with the current combo i'd like to see 200 @ the wheels. I don't think that will be a problem, only 13 more to go. I dynoed (sp?) a new best of 187 at TAG last Saturday (for my baseline) so the C&L, filter and adj. FPR have, and will, continue to help. I hadn't even touched the timing or fuel with those dyno runs - only because I couldn't.

Worth it??? Oh god, yes!! The ability to switch between 4 different tunes, all on the fly, is wonderfully convenient. The ability to turn it all off is handy as well.I've been whining about it long enough, so you already know. Alex LaChance posted to find out about a TwEECer for the SC's (not new news, I know) and we'll see what happens. I've got my own 'version' about what's going on with this, but i'm NOT posting it. I don't want to bash anyone that doesn't really deserve it (yes, I do have a mean streek - LOL!!). I'll look into it and let you guys know as soon as I find out. I would like to look into this also - whether it's business or personal yet, I don't know.

Get the PI heads and 100+ hp NAWZ installed, then you'll be worthy enough to race me.
Does this tweecer thingy mean you have to have a laptop computer permanently occupying your passenger seat like in Wayne's car?
Whenabouts do you want to read the contents of my factory EEC-V?

Steve - YES!!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mike - No, the laptop is for data-logging purposes only, and to read the stock file, which I have yet to do. The tunes reside in the 'little black box' that plugs into the EEC. It comes with a USB cable to plug into the laptop. The car is still controlled by the EEC computer, not a computer program in a laptop. I'm still working on getting a laptop. The link you gave me (funny, same place Wayne mentioned) has something i'd like to see. Untill I get it I can't read an EEC (but I can still program my stuff). As far as racing you.....I won't need N2O for you with this year's plans. I'll have enough N/A. Sorry. teeheehee

Back