HelP, My BelT just BROKE

littleboylan

My main belt just snapped on me, and my supercharger one has cracks in it too, can you guys tell me what kind of belt to buy?? This is my first time foolin with belts, and tips or tricks, I have a 10% pulley if that matters, please help asap, THanks MIke

well...

I guess mine are whatever Ford hands out when you ask them for SC belts but I've run Delco belts in a lot of bigger rigs and they've always been good...

caps key broken? Just like your belt :D :D

anyway, belts are the easiest thing you can possibly do, unfrotunatly to put on the main belt you need to remove the lower radiator hose so you should replace that too and of course you have to drain the coolant. Use a breaker bar with ( forgot the size Metric socket) and pull up or down forgot that too and the belt will come off, follow the diagram to route the new belt.

There's a special belt for the 10% pulley.

I would look in search of belt for 10% pulley. Many guys on here are using it. Gatorback belts are great as are Ford OEM ones.

Don

I used a Kelly's replacement belt (parent company of Goodyear) from Autozone as my main.

BTW; if your running 10%, do you have exhaust enhancements? A stock exhaust with this pulley means almost certain death for your headgaskets.

Thanks

Hey guys thanks for all the help, I think Ill be going with the gates, and I got the part number for my smaller pulley too, also Yes I do have exhaust work done, dual flo's with no cats or resonator, Thanks for the concern MIke

Back