PDA

View Full Version : Drag Radials

RonzSC
10-30-2001, 08:44 PM
John...

I think that sometime in the near future I may get some Drag Radials. I think this is the most economical way to solve the traction problem.
There is an American Tire store in Camarillo that sells BFG's that I am going to check.

What size fits our cars? What kind of rims do you have for your Hoosiers?
Thanks,
Ron

John Shelton
11-01-2001, 10:32 PM
Ron, I've never used the DR's but I've seen that a lot of others have. Try posting your question on the general board - you'll probably get a lot of good advice from people who've tried them.

My rims are 15X10 for my tires. I had them made up to fit my SC by a local wheel shop in Glendora.

RonzSC
11-01-2001, 11:19 PM
I found a cool article on the 'net on DR's. It led me to a guy in Camarillo that gave me some great info.
( www.discounttire.com/dragRadial.html (http://www.discounttire.com/dragRadial.html) )
Here is some info they sent back..thought it might be interesting.
"...Nitto offers a 245/50-16 which is 25.60" tall and would work on the 16x8 wheels, however I do not show this tire working on your car without modifications as they are wider. Nitto also offers a 225/50-16?
These would be the only drag radials we have to offer, BFGoodrich only offers a 255/50-16 at this time in the 16" sizes. Will the Nitto's work for your application?
If you have any further questions, please email us again or call one of our sales agents at 800-589-6789." Discount Tire.

Later
Ron

RedSC
01-27-2002, 11:53 PM
how much did it cost you to have the wheels made ? I was thinking of doing that instead of trying to fit a drag radial on my stock sc rim

John Shelton
01-28-2002, 11:03 PM
Brian, I think they were around $175 each. I'm out of town but I'll send you the info and picture Friday when I get home.