spark plugs...and range etc

aplvlydrtybird

ok i kow there has been plenty to say about plugs, but i ported my heads, have 42# injectors, mafs, Tb. fuel pump etc, tis all on my member page and i want to know what range should i go or what plugs to get...i dont want any detonation problems, when i put her back together. so any tips would be helpful thanks.

well

You should give the iridium plugs a try. maybe 1 or 2 heat ranges cooler. I don't have the numbers off hand, but i got em in my bird, and I lovem.

I would go with the iridium plugs. I have the NGK units in my 35th to keep detonation away since I put a 10% pulley on it.

Shane

yea i figured i was going to get NGk Irridiums as my answer, but where can i get em, and those who have em what is the part number for the one range cooler for my bird...thanks again

P/N's

Here are the numbers...
Denso iridiums IT20's
or
NGK-TR51IX 7316

I have the ngk iridiums. I bought em off ebay about a month ago for $36 for all 6 plugs. Here is the link. 6 iridium plugs Hope this helps.

FYI-easy way to tell if the parts guy gave you the right plug-

Look at the center electrode/insulator assembly-the shorter the assembly the colder the plug. That is the length from the tip to the bottom of the insulator inside the metal.

Back