Hell YA! head gasket blow

thundersc

Banned
wow after 5 years of driving my car hard, I BLOW MY HEADS OFF!

Please add my name to the head gasket list :)

I will not get mad about things like this...:)

Hell just last week a was drift racing in my work parking lot and doing 100mph+ donuts in 3rd gear for 2 minutes (hmmm treads on my tires are gone, damn $35 used goodyears)

But on the real side of things. I'm replacing them this weekend any tips on a great set of gaskets to use like flopro? or something?

March is the month that I'm parking the SC for 2 years for some major rework. So I'm not looking to have my heads reworked or rebuilt at this time, but want to rebuilt it good not to reblow on me....

thanks,
Chuck 'ThunderSC'

List of everything wrong to date (very thing is within past 6 months)

Pass window motor
Driver Window motor
leaking valve covers, both
crank sensors
DIS
spark plugs, wires
3 shocks
2 rear wheel bearing
rear sway bar bushings
front left hub
front brakes
transmission 5spd shifting into 3rd (1year now)

list of things to do in next two years

-rebuild engine
-bigger SC
-bigger Intercooler
-Mustang 5spd transmission
-pull both frames out and rebuilt or replace everything
-some custom body panels (change the panels a little so you have to look at the car to see that yes it does have a different look)
-A cool custom paint job that is going to rock everything)

To bad you can't move up your schedule and make this a famous "Un-planed Upgrade" :D .

My "Un-planed Upgrade" list has gotten me:
  • 94 blower and plenum (might even be an S model, don't remember and can't find the receipt)
  • 3.27 traction lock rear and fresh half shafts
  • New right rear spindle
  • Alpine/Boston Acoustic audio
  • Free flowing exhaust
  • and now.... (due to my first set of head gaskets at 190,000 miles)
    blueprinted motor, mild ported and polished heads, 73mm MAF, Solid engine mounts, 38# injectors, 190 lph fuel pump, new radiator, SCP mid length headers, high flow cats, SCP 2.5-3-2.5 exhaust, poly front sway bar bushings, B&M ripper shifter, freshened tranny and replacing every sensor under the hood.

Hopefully I can make my planed upgrades this summer.... yeah right;)

As my boss keeps telling me "It isn't a problem it's an oportunity...." what a moron.

Last edited:
Back