89 SC won't start!!!!

fcodelgado

Dear all,

I'm experiencing very bad headaches with my car actually i don't know what to check!!!
The car does not start even that i have good fuel pressure (35 psi in ON position), i have good spark on plugs..i checked the ignition coil primary and secondary resistance..changed sparkplug cables..voltage in injectors is ok..it supposed that all the vital signs are there but no starting. Any suggestions???
already changed damper (armonic balancer damaged), fuel pump, fuel filter, sparkplus and cables.
All the ideas are well received. Thanks.

Fco. Delgado
89 SC 3.8L

Did you also replace the crank sensor when you did the harmonic balancer? When the balancer goes, it usually takes out the sensor also. One way to check and see if the sensor is bad, is to try and start the car. If you see a bright orange arrow on in the dash as your cranking the car, your sensor is faulty.

Thomas

Okay, it sounds like your headed in the right direction. First...what was the problem with the car. Did you just go out and now it wont start or is it the problem Thomas suggested with the balancer failure? Usually if you have spark then your crank sensor is working. When you key up is the check engine light on? From your fuel pressure it sounds like it should be but your fuel system may hold pressure long enough that it didnt bleed off after there was a problem.

Next check to see if your plugs are getting wet with gas. If they are dry and you know your injectors are working that is a good thing. If you floor the car and start it does it start and run poorly? If so check to see what kind of boost you show. If it is very low you might have set of plugged cats. (I watched that one stump one of the best EEC guys I ever met. The Ford spec for vaccum is WAAAY off) The car showed like 5 psi I think and would only sputter.

If you unplug your maf and key it up twice the comp goes into a failsafe mode that by passes the sensor unplugged. Does it run? Does it run way rich. If it runs way rich I would check the BMAP sensor thats attached to the cowl.

Hope theese help.

Back