Best Deal that no1 will ever beat

breaking86

hey, im new here. I just picked up a 90 sc 5speed. its a 9 out of 10 on the exterior and a 8 outta ten on the interior. It also only has 76000 miles on it :D . All for the low price of 900 bucks hehe. I know how to work people over :) . Three questions: 1- Was a radar detector built into the dash an option in 90 or did this guy jus put it in on his own 2- Is it normal for a car that has onyl 76000 miles to already need a tranny mount and u-joints?
3- my friend has a 89 sc wit full itnake and exhaust and he can only boost out about 14, but mine totally stock, pins the boost gauge- am i overboosting ? I just wanna figure these thigns out
thanks

first welcome aboard! no built in radar detector that i know of, these cars go through stock tranny mounts and engine mounts like gas;)(dunno about u joints though) , You may have a smaller supercharger pulley on your Supercharger so its spiining faster 5% or 10%. If you are boosting 15psi then it is def. a 10%. I reccomend getting i high flow exhaust and get rid of the stock cats , they are at a 90 degree angle!! yuck!!

btw- $900 for a 76k mile SC 5 Speed is absolutley nuts, your lucky!

breaking86 said:
hey, im new here. I just picked up a 90 sc 5speed. its a 9 out of 10 on the exterior and a 8 outta ten on the interior. It also only has 76000 miles on it :D . All for the low price of 900 bucks hehe. I know how to work people over :) . Three questions: 1- Was a radar detector built into the dash an option in 90 or did this guy jus put it in on his own 2- Is it normal for a car that has onyl 76000 miles to already need a tranny mount and u-joints?
3- my friend has a 89 sc wit full itnake and exhaust and he can only boost out about 14, but mine totally stock, pins the boost gauge- am i overboosting ? I just wanna figure these thigns out
thanks

Nice buy one the SC. You should be very proud!!!!

Answers:

1). No, there was never an option for a radar detector.

2). For the car to have gone through the tranny mount and u-joints in 76k is not hard to believe, but I've seen them go a lot longer. It may have be abused a bit which would likely explain it.

3). The gauge on the dash is only a good idea of what is really happening. I'd suggest you put an accurate gauge on it to determine your actual pressure. As "breaking86" said, if you are running alot of pressure, you can blow the headgaskets out of it. To prevent this, do your exhaust system.

ujoints

If you think the ujoints need done because of a squeaking/squealing sound from the rear end area check to make sure the four bolts holding the rear ujoint to the pumpkin are tight. For some reason they get loose and it can sound like the ujoint needs done. Tighten em back up with antisieze pretty good.

Brian

Back