Climate Control codes 31 & 42??

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Did the self-test on my 94 and got codes 31 and 42. What do these mean? I've been searchign but found nothing about them.

Here is the problem 94s have 3 digit codes. you might want to try it again. Read up on the tests. you need to perform KOEO and the KOER + any stored codes.

SCbird1...thanx for your reply. The thing is that what i did was not an EEC codes test...its from the electronic climate module. I didnt get any of the usual Ex (E2, E3, wahtever) codes...i got codes 31 and 42 flashing.

Oh sorry I did not see that they where climate control codes. I will try to look them up . I have michel on demand. It might tell me what those codes are.

It just has codes 01-02-03-04-05 It says one of these shoud be displayed if there is a error.

thats what my shop manual sais. I thought it was odd to get 31 and 42, but i checked another post and some one got a nother thirty-something code too, so i guess some one has to have th ese codes.

I hope you get it figued out. You can see all the fun I am having on another post {help I think my car is possesed} time for bed

Have your answer for you, thanks to shadowdragon:

31 - Open circuit – blower motor

for 31, Test blower motor and wire harness.

42 - short circuit – coolant pump

for 42, Test coolant pump and wire harness.

That's not Ford mind you, that's generic Automatic HVAC codes. My Ford Tech CD says 1-5 only too. Hopefully what I was able to dig up will give you a place to start anyway.

Well, i do have rpoblems with my blower motor (Code31). One day it just quit working and I cant find the problem. I have it hooked up to a switch so i can just flip it when i want AC or heat. I dont get it about code 42 though...check coolant pump? I must be missing something, i thought the only coolant pump was inside the engine bay! As far as the blower motor goes, i have traced it to a bad wire somewhere. The blower works, the blower speed module works (changed it), but its not getting any signal. I changed the electronic control unit, but i cant seem to be getting the signal out of the control unit to the blower speed module. Any help on that is greatly appreciated.

Coolant pump = A/C compressor, and it is on the same circuit as the blower motor. Sounds to me like it's in the wiring somewhere and not either of the core units.

Aaah...yes. Its probably throwign those codes b/c the blower motor is not getting the signal from the control unit. Like I said, the blower works and the compressor has no problems. Im begining to finally understand the diagrams in my EVTM and the problem might be related to an open circuit that lights the bulbs inside the control unit (mine never lit up). For some reason they are linked with the wire that sends the signal to the blower motor. I just have to fully understand how and where the problem lies.

Back