supercharger nose

flynbrd

Ok I have the nose pulled off the charger and the rotors out also. The nose still has the driveshaft, nose seal, and coupler still on it. How do I remove the driveshaft from the nose? Remove the seal first?(the seal in the steel one,what is the best way to remove it from the front of the nose?) I have to use a press right?(to get the shaft out) What should I till a machine shop that has one? Where can I get replacement for the small rear bearings in the supercharger case. How are they pressed out?

Thanks
John

P.S. I tried contacting tb88 and few others for a rebuild kit and no one has gotten back to me yet. Is there another vender that has a kit ready to go on a web page somewhere? The kits usually run about 60-70$ for the rebuild

email

hey tb88 did you get my email? I'm waiting for the kit. could you shot me an email and let me know whats happening?

thanks

TB88 is moving shops. You'll will get your stuff but give it a week or two while he moves.

ok.. but can you relay that I need the stuff asap. The car is in the shop and the owner wants it out now or fixed.. I dont know how much more time I have there.

drive a sheet metal screw into the old seal and pull on the screw with pliars (assuming that your gonna replace the front bearing too).
to remove the drive shaft, just spin the pulley nut onto the shaft threads a few turns, take a 18mm socket (i think) and place it over the nut, then tap the socket with a hammer. the shaft, will slide out with the rear bearing and aluminum drive attached while leaving the front bearing in the snout.
use a piece of wood doweling and hammer to punch the front bearing out from the inside.:D

Back