missing car

XR7Kurt

What type of car was not at the Silver Springs show that you would have liked to have seen. For me, I would have liked to have seen an SVO Mustang. I'm kind of suprised there wasn't one there. I guess I'm getting old, I remember seeing those just driving around and now there's not even one at a huge Ford show.

Kurt

I was just glad to see the turn out of SCs, even on a lousy day!!! I was so cold I never walked the rest of the grounds like we did last year.. Usually it's us that are missing...

RJ

Hmmm..good question Kurt, you're making me think...The new Mustang would've been an eyefull...

High performance aside, I always get a kick out of seeing either a perfect (untouched) original former cash- cow car like a Pinto, or Maverick, simply because they all rusted out etc. so that's a rare find to see one in near perfect shape and not hot rodded out. Didn't notice any.

And on the high peformance end, a Panoz would've been cool too. Saw one of those at a local meet in Daytona once. Car was cool, guy was an *** (wouldn't talk to anyone or answer questions...I mean, why bother even bringing the car?).

Last edited:
Dan I agree with you on the new Mustang but it won't be long before we will see all of those we can handle.
Did you see the 100,000,000th Ford(a Fairmont I think) and the 150,000,000th Ford(1979 Mustang)? I'm guessing they were untuouched originals.
If you want to see an untouched original don't forget about the 35th Anniv. SC at the NPD showroom in Ocala. Still has what looks to be the transport prep stuff from the factory.
A Turbo Coupe would have been nice to see also.

Kurt

I think Joyce and I are heading to Ocala tomorrow, looking at horse trailers.. I'm going to try and stop by and take several pics of the 35th Kurt...

RJ

You might want to call first. The last time I went there the showroom was closed for remodeling. That was a few months ago though.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt, I called them this morning before we left out, he said the personal car collection was closed for now, there's around 130 cars in there now and there isn't hardly enough room to move around. He said I could try and if they had slack time they'd run me back there. If it's that jammed in there though I probably couldn't have gotten the kind of pics that I wanted to of it anyway!!

So..... :( I didn't get to see it... Joyce dragged me around craft stores all day in Orlando instead...

Oh well...

RJ

Back