ready for 94 install

belucky

alright i got the 94 engine for my car i will be pickin it up this week.i know i posted a thread on this a couple weeks ago but i didnt get the info as strait forward as i needed,and was told a couple different things from a few different people,so what exactly do i need to convert the 94 to my 90?this is what i got so far, my accessories will not line up with the crank pully and the supercharger pully from the 94so i have everything available off the 94 if i need to use them,and i understandthat the diss module mounts in a different place than it does with the 90.so is it better to use all the accessories off the 94 cause im assumin that i have to use the 94 computer anyway.or is it better to convert the 90accassories (a\c pump,alternator,ect.)to the 94? ok the other thing is the injectors are different on the 94 so like i said im assumin i have to use the 94 computer anyway can i use the 90 main wire harness?please tell me yes on that one!thanks

You will need the 94 harness to use the 94 EEC 94 DIS, 94 balancer and 94 crank sensor. You will find out nothing connects. The EEc will fit, but the connector pins are different.

You can use your 90 harness, dis, and 90 EEC with the 94 engine. Also use your 90 crank sensor and 90 harmonic balancer. I've been running a 94 Sc engine in mine and use the 94 front timing cover.

Also, use the drivers size accessory bracket will work from the 94. But for the passenger side, you will have to use your 90 accessory bracket for the dis mount.

To run the 94 injectors, you should get a chip or EEC tuner to adjust for the larger injectors. But you may get away with just the 94 MAF, but not recommended.

Last edited:
alright i follow ya there bassically my power stering pump and altanator will mount to the 94 i need to put my mounting brackets on for the a\c comprerssor nwhat not on the passenger side.ok now will these line up withy the 94 crank pully and blower or not?and will my eec run the higher pound injectors and what not?

sorry after rereading yer thread it pretty much spells it out.so i guess im gonna need a chip or tuner fer my eec.whats recomended?thanks!

alright,ive heard something about the 94 intake is different you mentioned that i could use the94 maf,does that include the whole intake going to the blower or what?and once again what is recomended for a tuner or a chip?thanks

Are you using the 94 supercharger? If so, you will need the inlet plenum with the rectangular opening.

yea im buying the engine complete so im sure the plenuem will be there obviously i should get the maf assembly also correct?and will that work with my intake tube or just get the whole intake assembly?im probably just being paranoid im sure the stuff i need is all there.anyway once again what should i do for a chip since im gonna be usin my 90 ecm should i just get the new one that adds horespower also or should i buy a used tuner or what let me know im havin the engine installed this week.thanks

What I would do is use all brackets and accesories of your old motor inluding crank sensor and balancer....Change to your old injectors(red) or get a recalibrated mass air for use with the 94-95 36 lb injectors..Easiest way

been tryin to figure out all day what was the best way to make the elecrical work. obviously the replys i got here were right on. now just gotta descide what i want yes i can use the 94 injectors and just buy a c&l maf. can. there was some conflict about that with the different people i talked to and that is the easiest and cheapest way.i will say it sounds like some of those tunners are pretty trick.by the way who on this site is usin laptops to tune?theres some sweet shtuff out there.so thats about all i need to move forward with the install.thanks

Back