BS: Stupid Canadians!

Paul93SC

Well, as you all know we suffered through a cold snap and a snowstorm this week. I personally saw 6 serious accidents in the TO area, and every one involved a Honda! (Unbelievable how much damage those little cars suffer).

Anyway, the police went on a mini crusade Friday, seeking out drivers who are not being safe in the adverse conditions (due to the recent idiots they encountered earlier in the week).

Here are the highlights of 4 such encounters:

A driver was stopped Tuesday evening (during the height of the storm) for driving without any lights on... the reason? he wanted to save his battery so his car starts tomorrow.

Another driver crashed his car, and when the police investigated they found he couldn't work the pedals properly because he was wearing ski boots.

Yet another driver stopped his car in the fast lane of highway #400 so he could refill his windshield wiper bottle. When asked why he didn't pull over to the right shoulder he replied "I couldn't see to pull over". Although he wasn't involved in an accident, he caused several others behind him.

And finally there's the guy driving the Range Rover... (my favorite!) Police pulled him over because all his windows were frosted over on the inside (including the windshield). Turns out the heater didn't work, so the guy installed a propane camping heater in the backseat. He also admitted to the officer he was "feeling a little light-headed too!"

Like I said, Stupid Canadians!

A few mornings ago on the way to work I witnessed first hand a similar incident of stupidity. While travelling along Steeles Ave. getting close to Hwy.10 at about 7:15 a.m., dark and wet conditions, everyone has their lights on except a Honda Accord driver behind me. Finally we get to a point where the trafiic is backed up for a minute, so I jump out of the truck, go back to the car ... the lady driving rolls down the window, so I suugest to her that it's still sort of dark and wet, turning the headlights on might be a good idea. She seems to possibly agree, and turns them on. A few blocks later, as I'm getting closer to Dixie Rd. where I turn into the Ford parts depot, I notice she has them turned off again. Maybe she was saving her battery too. :rolleyes:

cheers
Ed N.

lol

it's bad enough that these ppl don't worry about their own safety, but they could care less about somebody elses. i often find myself thinking for others on the street and going out of my way to make sure nothing happens to them.

Hey, fat-stan-you live in the same area that one of my good friends does.

Ever hooked up with the SOTC group?

sotc

Birdman93, i actually just moved into the area and to tell you the truth, i've never heard of the sotc group. what are they (sorry for being so dense)?

Actually they like them all-several members have MN-12s and newer. My friend is their Eastern area coordinator-they know about the guys in the Super Coupe club there and WANT you to join them once in a while for cruises.

Back