Extremely hard to shift... help

Stelar SC

Yesterday i was driving and all day it was realy hard to shift. The clutch also felt extra soft yesterday too, anyways i was driving and at some points i couldent even get it into gear even with the clutch all the way to the ground, like i had to put about 40 pounds of pressure to shift. The thing is its all the gears so i wouldent think it would be the syncros. Anyway after the day was over i pulled into my driveway and started to try and shift with the clutch all the way down just idling and i couldent get into any gear, and when i tryed to push it into gear it made like a little humming type noise trom the trany that i could barely hear and my rpms looked like they droped maybe like 30 rpms. It starting to do it more and more so idk what to do? help would be appresiated thanx

well i dont know exacty what it is but i can assure you its not your synchroes. I would guess that your losing clutch fluid pressure somewhere, pinched line maybe? check the level. Is your clutch slipping at all? could be a leaky slave cylinder

well i dont know exacty what it is but i can assure you its not your synchroes. I would guess that your losing clutch fluid pressure somewhere, pinched line maybe? Is your clutch slipping at all? could be a leaky slave cylinder

How would i go about checking the fluid?, no the clutch doesnt slip, it catches good, but its gotten soft lately, im thinking maybe it just has to do witht he cold weather, but i didnt think it would be this bad

Clutch fluid...

Check the clutch fluid by going under the hood and looking for a tiny resevoir on the drivers side of the engine bay on the firewall. Keep in mind that the fluid should never run out so if it is low, a refill will buy you some time but will not be the cure. If the fluid is OK i would suspect the master or slave cylinders of failing. Your problems sound as if they are stemming from a problem somewhere in this hydraulic system.

Anthony

As for the soft clutch problem - it is more than likley the cold weather - I live in ILL and whenever it gets below 10F° the clutch is soft until its been driven for 20-30 min.

check the fluid I am sure it's low. You will also have to bleed it again.

The clue here is that you are having trouble getting it into gear (any gear) at a stop, and that the clutch is soft. The problem is that the clutch is still engaged that's why you are having trouble. Fix it before you need the discontinued syncros.

Jeff

Back