Pic of my new SC

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
93%20SC%20011504.jpg

It's a super clean 93 AOD with low miles, every option possible and perfect black leather interior. I bought the car from Jeramie Schall and just drove it home (St. Louis) from Denver yesterday.

This is the car I will be using for the V8 turbo SC project and if all goes to plan it should be ready to race by summer.

David

That's awesome David!

I am really excited about my project as well. I have secured the funds to start and finish things with Tom Berry out in New Mexico and my '91 leaves next friday for the long journey across the country.:D It was a tough choice between my other two cars of which to dump 5K into.:)

David Neibert said:
[

It's a super clean 93 AOD with low miles, every option possible and perfect black leather interior. I bought the car from Jeramie Schall and just drove it home (St. Louis) from Denver yesterday.

This is the car I will be using for the V8 turbo SC project and if all goes to plan it should be ready to race by summer.

David [/B]

93%20SC%20011504.jpg

Nice house. ;)

That is a nice house. I bet that roof is high maintenance.
I have a gazeebo attached to my house with a cedar roof on it. I think the cedar shakes look really nice.

Not actually

Believe it or not I live right in the middle of town. My house is in a brand new subdivision. My back yard is right behind a very large area that is under construction as an industrial park. They will be building some glass factories and stuff of that nature. There are also houses very close to me on either side.:mad:

The neighbor to the left is really cool, but my other neighbor is a little jerk.:p

Frank

David,

Great looking car, of course I'm just a little bit partial to the black ones.
There is a article in the Feb. 2004 issue of Hot Rod magazine you should check out. It is a 331 CI Small-Block Ford That Bennett Racing built. Single turbo and 940 hp and streetable. It's some good info in there on what it takes to make one of these monsters streetable, and I know that is what you are looking for.

Good luck with this project.

Dick

Question Dave. What made you decide to go with the 347 stroker and not a 351 stroker?

Mainly for ease of installation, and since the 302 block is a little narrower than the 351 it will give me more room to fit the turbo plumbing between the shock towers. The car will be going to Dave Dalke within the next couple weeks for the 3.8 SC to 5.0 conversion using all the parts needed from an LX Tbird.

Once the 5.0 and related accesories are installed I can send the car out for design and installation of a custom turbo (none of the mustang kits will fit). Meanwhile I'll be getting the race engine and the Lentech transmission ready to install. Since the block is the same size it will just be a matter of swapping engines and transmissions when I reach that point.

I'm starting with a 302 Dart block and going with all forged internals and some serious racing heads, but I will still be using a hydraulic roller cam that will limit rpms to around 7000. The only part of the engine that is still up in the air, is the intake manifold. I would like to keep the stock hood and the manifolds that flow the best are too tall. The engine is being built to handle 1100 rwhp and I'm sizing the turbo and fuel system for about 600 rwhp on pump gas and 800 rwhp on race gas.

Dick,

Thanks, I'll grab a copy of Hot Rod and see what they did, because it sounds like the same direction I'm going with this project.

David

Re: That's awesome David!

dirtybird91 said:
I am really excited about my project as well. I have secured the funds to start and finish things with Tom Berry out in New Mexico and my '91 leaves next friday for the long journey across the country.:D It was a tough choice between my other two cars of which to dump 5K into.:)

Damn now theres a dream set of cars to have in ONE driveway, nice cars bro. I love the mustangs as most knw but I also LOVE the SC's, hence why I have best of both worlds, the SC motor in a stang :)

Hmmmm......

I like the Mustang too, until insurance and payments hit me at the tune of $600+ per month. (for the mustang only):p

Dirtybird91

DB, Is it just me, or did they build that house of yours crooked. Looks tilted , or is it just the photo?

Best of luck with the turbo project Dave, is this one gunna take the top spot, 10.xxx timeslips?

Dave, is this one gunna take the top spot, 10.xxx timeslips?

I'm sure it will have enough power to run 10s, but it's got to be a supercharged V6 to qualify for the SCCoA fastest list. It's not really intended for the track or to compete against other SCs.

David

That is a really nice looking car,i'm in the market for a clean black sc to go with my red 93..but i haven't ran across one that i concider clean and worth the money.
If i may ask...what did you give for that one
Thanks,
David

pearl95sc said:
DB, Is it just me, or did they build that house of yours crooked. Looks tilted , or is it just the photo?

Best of luck with the turbo project Dave, is this one gunna take the top spot, 10.xxx timeslips?

No wonder I keep falling out the bed!:D :D

Dirtybird91:eek:

It's not really intended for the track...
Uh... so what is it intended for then?

Mint condition '93 SC: $4000

800hp 347 stroker turbo: $10000

Getting from your house to the grocery store in sub-9 seconds at 140mph : Priceless
:D

Back