anyone also own a 94-96 impala SS?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Sheesh man, i had forgotten how much i love this car. Just saw an article on feb. hot rod magazine of a super sweet 96 SS with a twin turbo set up and accel/dfi gen Vii electronics. and i quote:

with pump gas and 17psi of boost
935 HP@6,450 rpm
730 lb-ft of torque @4,600 rpm

with 116 octane race fuel and 26 psi of boost:
1,167HP @6,300rpm
1,125 lb-ft @4,500

Best E.T. 10.60 at 140 mph
No roll cage, stock looking except a ram air hood....geeesh, f*ckign awesome man!
I want one!!!!!

i was at a car show in davie, fl last week and the florida late model impala SS club was there, there were 15-20 of those barges floating around...

what i want, is not an impala SS, but a bone stock looking buick roadmaster waon with a LT4/TT setup, that looks BONE stock, can you say ultimate embarassment, imagine your typical cocky Ricer, Fbody owner, Mustang owner, etc getting his *** handed to him, by something that looks like THIS!!!! :D if the imp SS runs 10.6's with that setup the wagon could probably still squeeze off a low 11, they arent that much heavier

item_57_2f.jpg

Last edited:
Hell yeah! That would be an ultimate embarrasment. I've seen a couple of those in solid color (not wood trim) with impala grille and rims. It looks pretty nice...i'd be crazy to get it tho...its HUGE! And the waggon style kinda takes away from the intimidating look of the impala. Im still at awe for this car.

Theres a guy that lives somewhere around here that has a 6 speed Impala (custom). And his friend that has a roadmaster with a turbo LT1 in there completely stock looking except he had A-pillar guages. When he told me it was a turbo LT1 I was like WHAT! CAN YOU SAY ULTIMATE SLEEPER? If they are at the raceway this summer Ill try to get pics.

Hell yeah man...i wouldnt mind dishing a good $14k on an 96 impala SS and pay the $5k for the 6 speed conversion. Man...im still drooling for that ride.

My buddy and i used to terrorize the neighborhood kids in his 80 Malibu Station Wagon. It was forest green with a black hood. First motor was a 454 with a 4 speed, second motor was a 383, and the final motor he decdied on was an insane 327. Car had stock looking Chevy Rally rims and cream bench seats. We used to embarrass the hell out of mustangs and vettes. It was a lot of fun. Best one was a guy in a cobra vert, full of chicks. He though he was so cool until the wagon blew by him. :)

i saw the DUMBEST thing at work the other day, a ghettoized caprice 95 or so, black with big *** ghetto spoke wheels and "Caprice SS" on the fender in white script almost identical to the black raised letters on the impala SS, i think one day ill take the digi cam to work and try to snap a pic of it, hehehe :)

There are tons of Caprice units out there with almost identical performance hardware as the Impala SS. People like the look of the Impala so they want their rig to look like it.

That LT1 motor is a beast.

hey, hey, don't bash the Caprices. :) The Impala is basically based off the police package, actually except for the impala being a bit lower with bigger rims the performance stuf is identical. boith have dual electric fans, LT1 (well, some cruisers came with the 4.3 V8), 4 wheel disc brakes, 3.08 gears, etc, etc. I have a B4u (sport suspension, basically same spring rates/roll bars as the impala), but my also has the towing package, gives me 2.93 gears and a stupid clutch fan. I also get drum brakes in the rear, but the handling on the beast always surprises me. i did have a SWEET 96 Roadmaster limited sedan, I MISS THAT CAR!!!! That was nice, with seat heats all options, and the trunk would even finish closing itself for you :D

Anyways my Caprice:

driverrearpaint.jpg

And my Roadmaster

rm1

rm2

Back