Too sleepy!!

rock5

I've always liked the idea of a sleeper, but this SC is too much!

Last weekend I drove down to BWI on a dry, clear sunny Sunday - perfect weather for driving fast. I cruised down most of the way > 100 mph, typically steady at 110. However, people won't move out of my way! Granted, this is a common issue in the state of MD, but any half-way awake driver can see a car going 40mph faster bearing down on them....

Now, my rx7, while slower than the SC, has a color (bright red) and body style that screams, "get the H out of my lane, NOW". I don't really trust that car over 100, but just going 90, I'd regularly have people moving quickly out of my way.

I think I need to get a big "R" or something....
Maybe Cobra-style racing stripes?

Need to get them to recognized the SC is fast.

Until then: SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT.

dude,thats reckless driving in md! i take it you were on i95? if you were to get caught at that speed in md,most likley you,ll be jailed.our bosses daughter[whos pretty hot,well educated,rich.and high class...you can tell i dont look at her much!] spent 12 hours in the clink! she was on the baltimore beltway[i695]about 90-95 she said,the law said97mph.she was pulled over,arrested on the spot and jailed,our boss spent big bucks to clear that mess up.ive heard alot of horror stories about speeding in md...just watch out for the law! oh yea,id move out the way if i seen a car 40mph faster than me.....but i know where youre coming from...

It was 83 south, then around the beltway, and off 95 to 195.

I was pulled over years ago on 95 doing 85 in a 55 (just past where it drops from 65). I got off with just a seat-belt ticket for $25. (Of course, I was bulcked up).

It never occurred to me I could do jail time. Afterall, is 120 in a 65 much different than 85 in a 55?

Well, maybe it is....
run.gif

Hard for me to believe you went more than a few miles in MD without encountering any troopers! They're thicker there than anywhere in the Southeast...

Isn't 20 over the speed limit reckless driving up there? I think that's when they can take you to jail... I know in Va if you'd got hooked for 85 in a 55 you'd probably be hauled off.

I think most people probably don't get out of your way deliberately. If someone is in the left lane and driving 10-15 mph over the speed limit, and someone comes up behind them doing 30-40 mph over the speed limit, they probably say to themselves "you can go the ef around me!".

If I'm in the left lane driving faster than everyone else, and someone comes bearing down on me from behind, it's almost like they're being a highway "bully". Personally, I don't like to seem like I'm intimidated, so I don't move. If they approach quickly from behind, but slow down and stay several car lengths behind me, then I'll move over as a courtesy because they were being respectful.

Anyway, just my perspective

joenintiesc, that's pretty much what I do. I can see if they don't have anywhere to move to, so I'll gradually lay off as I catch up to them. Then I'll keep a standard 2 seconds behind until the right-hand lane clears. At that point, they should be moving/signaling over.

The problem in MD is that the regular roads are mostly 2 lanes with lots of access points, so "keeping right" doesn't mean anything to them. They don't recognize the highway is a different story. What irks me is when people sit in the left lane all day. Often, I'll just scoot around them to the right and no problem. But if they're slowing everyone down, I've been knon to bully them into the right-hand lane where they belong.

lessonintorque, I'm from York, PA. BWI is the easiest major airport to fly out of, so I'm often "flying" through MD. :rolleyes:

doodaa, on a Sunday, they're pretty rare. My radar didn't beep once. Coming home on a Friday night, though, I kept it around 75-85 and passed at least 2 speed traps.

Yeah, the idiots who do the speed limit in the left lane (or worse, slower than the speed limit!) do deserve to be intimidated.

I hate two lane highways, like I-87 in NY...:mad:

Me too!

There is NOTHING worse than some idiot holding up a mile of traffic because he/she is too damn STUPID to drive in the right lane and let faster traffic past.:rolleyes:
I hate BASTARDS like that!:p

Dirtybird91

Frank

Back