code 511

Make sure when you run the test that the engine is all warmed up and no electrical devices are on. Not even a door open. I dont put much trust in what these things say. Some times other problems cause this code but what its saying is you computer is messed up. I thought I had a problem with mine but I swiched from one car to the other to get the same code. Turned out I had a wire pinched to the oxygen sensor. A low battery will also give you codes. Im having fun with codes too.

thanks for the feedback. I'm actually changing my o2's today. Hopefully thats also my problem. My car is only getting like 180-200 miles on a tank and is stalling at an idle.

I was going to replace both o2 sensors untill I got the price of $75.99 each. Just another small note. Of all the parts ive replaced in all 4 cars they all seem to have this same marking.
MADE IN JAPAN Just maybe they havent forgotten ww2
Just seems fishy that very few parts made in usa have failed.
Power steering pumps but I did not check its origin.

In general, 511 means rom failure. You usually get 511 when you have a chip, so don't worry about that code.

That could be it. I forgot the previous owner had put the Jimmy(?) chip in it. There arent any other codes than that one, does this mean the system is ok????

Fordchip.com
"FMU's
If you have a supercharged engine with an FMU, or whatever your supercharger company calls it (a device to raise fuel pressure under boost), you are giving up a lot of part throttle response and low RPM power."

Does this apply to our cars? If so should I purchase larger injectors, I know the 94 has larger injectors than the earlier models? I'd rather not lose the low end power.

Last edited:
Back