Meet Nov. 11 @ Irwindale/RAINED-OUT

Re: Irwinadale; 11-11-01

Sure would love to join you guys.
Howevr, ..............I'm going to the NHRA Finals in Pomona, Fri-Sun, instead.

Please post the next meet you plan.

Re: Next Meet...Nov. 11 @ Irwindale

damnit what happens if it rains...its inthe forecast.....u know how ez these suckers breaklose from behind.....i think id just watch if its raining do they even open???

al

Head of East LA TBU :lol:

Re: Next Meet...Nov. 11 @ Irwindale

Well... If it rains then there won't be any racing. The track gets way to slick to safely race.
Irwindale is now an official NHRA track. This is from their press release "...Irwindale's 1/8-mile street legal drag strip has only been in operation for a few short weeks but it has garnered rave reviews from both competitors and fans alike for its accessibility, fast times, and friendly, family-style atmosphere. The NHRA's own Wally Parks proclaimed the track: "One of the finest street legal facilities around, something that this area has needed for a long while."
See ya tomorrow.
Ron

i was at irwindale

the gate was somewhat open and i proceded to make my way in...there were some people in a tercel and some other car and i drove up to them....some fat white man came walking over to me and kept signaling with his hands to back off...so i thought he meant to go pay or something....anyway i did a 180 that turned into a 360 almost but i regained control...took a cruise around the parking lot and saw noone so i decided to leave....by then the man was in his truck racing for the gates so i left...and he closed them behind me....i wonder if it was the owner....:lol:

oh well

al

how bout a meet in palmdale???

Re: i was at irwindale

Al...bummer dude!
Our crew meet at the McDonalad's in Newbury Park for the convoy up to Irwindale, despite the rain. We knew it would be too wet to race and we decided to take a run to Santa Barbara instead.
I bailed at Emma Wood SB and spent the day there with the fam. I hear the rest of the guys had lunch at the Cold Springs Tavern outside of Santa Barbara.
I was looking forward to meeting some other SCer's...mayber next meet.

(Palmdale? You mean at LACR?)

Ron

Re: i was at irwindale

yeah lacr....its cool guess ill see u guys at the next one....just keep us all posted...im doing my best to recruit people...i have stuck my buisness cards with www.sccoa.com on them and say go here on every supercoupe i see

al

Back