Extra smog equip. on california sc's??

thunderstruck

Did the Sc's shipped to California have any extra smog equipment installed on them? If so what extra stuff did it have? Last but not least, did the extra stuff affect performance??

anything that decreases smog into the atmosphere on a car decreases performance.... replace ur stock cats and pop in some HIGH FLOWS... take off the resonator if u wish or replace it with a brand new one with higher flowing rate... and also take off the stock mufflers and get some of ur choice.... dont forget to add a overdrive pulley to the Supercharger after u work on ur exhaust.

well

from my knowledge, the only thing that the cali versions all had was egr. They may have also had a more conservative tune, but I can't say for certain.

My '90 AOD does not have EGR, but I was under the impression that none of the '90 autos had it, from any state. I believe that the automatics did not have the same 3 cats as the 5speeds did.

I thought that manufacturers were required to be "Fifty state legal" by the time the SCs came out.

3 Cats?

lrsudog said:
I believe that the automatics did not have the same 3 cats as the 5speeds did.
What SC's had 3 cats? Do you mean 2 cats & a resonator?

Confused 68COUGAR

3 cats

I have a 93 5 sp with three cats, no egr and a federal emissions sticker (no calif approval). It was originaly purchased in NY. It has passed smog twice out here (CA) so I am unsure of the differences beyond the emission sticker reading CA or Fed standards met.

Anthony

Last edited:
Back