ac compressor delete

darkstar_one

anyone have a way to remove the ac compressor or another way to get the belt not to pass through the compressor? i dont want the drag caused by it at the moment. anyone?

so will the AC DELETE affect my defrosting abilities? can the rear window still defrost and can i still turn on the normal deforst ? also what is the belt size used like the one on the pic anyone?

Hello

Hello,
Since when do you need defrost in So Cal? he he he
Your rear defrost has nothing to do with the AC Compressor.
If you try to defrost the front with the AC on then the front defrost will be affected.
Since most people don't defrost the front with anything but heat I don't think you should have a problem.
Laterz,
D Rainer

The AC serves to remove moisture from the air for defrosting. Without AC your defroster sucks basically. If it is humid and raining it is impossible to keep the windows totally clear without the help of AC regardless of outside temperature. I know this from experience. ;)

If your a/c is so bad that you're removing the compressor it may not be helping you on defrost now anyhow. The rear defrost is all electric.
I have recently seen a picture of an a/c delete pulley from a diesel Ford that looked like it was a 6 rib belt and fit about the same as the 3.8 n/a delete pulley.
Also, when you cut the belt put the trimmed edge towards the open grooves on the pulley. The first belt I put on didn't have clean cuts all the way and frayed a lot because I put the cut edge against the pulley edge. I hope that made sense.

Kurt

Back