145 mph speedo heads being discontinued

fast Ed

Hey guys

I've posted this in the non-tech forum and electrical(members' only) forum as well, but wanted to give a heads-up to anyone thinking about buying the 94 - 95 style 145 mph speedo, new from Ford. The number (F4SZ 17255 C) is going obsolete. There is still some stock available, I can't tell you the exact number. But once they're gone, that's it, no more new ones from Ford. :mad:

I'm not doing this to increase my parts sales ;) ... just letting you know, as I have had a few inquiries for these in the last while. I'm going to be ordering in a few of them to have on hand.

cheers
Ed N.

This Speedo fit in a 1990?? Do you have a pic so I can see the difference between the 1990 and 94/95 speedo?

yuk yuk!!:confused:

Ed,

Is this the Canadian version with km/h on the outside scale, and mph in the inside???

...And I'm curious as to whether these are a direct swap part in the earlier style cars. ...No changes required???

Cheers,

Sean

From what George D. has said in the past, I'm pretty sure these are a direct swap into the older cars. A "search" would likely answer that for sure.

Does the display colour match ? Again, I think it does, but I've never looked that closely at an earlier cluster side by side with a late one to compare exactly.

Speedo gear change would not be required.

These are the U.S. version with imperial on the outside, and metric on the inside. The Canadian 94 - 95 SC 220 km/h speedos (they have a few marks past the 220 from what I remember, it's too cold to go out in the garage to look) were discontinued a few years ago.

cheers
Ed N.

If this is the one with MPH on the inside, doesn't that mean the Canadian version only shows 220km/h on the outside?

If so, it hardly seems worth the $300+ tax for 20 km/h extra.

When you are going that fast, you don't look down much. ;)

Back