Question about using 42lb injectors...

Ken Seegers

SCCoA Member
I have a set of 42lb injectors. I am looking on installing them on my SC. I currently have .509 crane cam, heads ported and polished with stock valves, headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, 10% pulley, 70mm throttle body, 73mm MAF, early model blower, double intercooler, raised top. I am looking into MPII blower and inlet. My question is what problem(s) could I run into, if I use the injectors with the current setup?

I also have the correct sampling tube and 190 lph fuel pump.
Thanks
Ken

I have 42lb injectors,stock motor with some bolt-ons.
after intall of the injectors,I drove my SC over to Brian H of APTEN
A nd had my SC dynoed with 02 sensor,& my chip reburnt.

My SC was running a little rich after injector install.But I was running
stock heads and cam.

Mods
C&L MAF 76mm
BBK throttle body 75mm
MP plenum,ported
MP II blower
Raised top,ported
stock IC tubes,ported
stock headers, ported
intake manifold,port match.
190 fuel pump
SCP exhaust

RANDY

Ken Seegers said:
I have a set of 42lb injectors. I am looking on installing them on my SC. I currently have .509 crane cam, heads ported and polished with stock valves, headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, 10% pulley, 70mm throttle body, 73mm MAF, early model blower, double intercooler, raised top. I am looking into MPII blower and inlet. My question is what problem(s) could I run into, if I use the injectors with the current setup?

I also have the correct sampling tube and 190 lph fuel pump.
Thanks
Ken

For as long as you have the right sampling tube and 190 pump, all you really need is a chip.

Thanks Guys. I figured I would be running rich, but I do not want to run too rich. I have a dyno shop near me, that I could get the figures and air/fuel ratio and get Brian to burn a chip for me.
Thanks
Ken

There is no reason for it to run rich with the correct sample tube. Mine runs fine with or without the tuner installed.

Back