started tearout oil all over blower tubes

belucky

theres oil all over the inside of my blower tubes and it looks like its leakin on the floor underneith the innercooler like maybe the oil is sittin on the bottom of the inercooler and leakin out the connection of the lower tube.will know more tommorow.would the head gaskets blowin cause the oil to travel through the intake er what?(seems pretty strange to me)

That would be pretty normal. See that little vacuum line attached to your intake tube? It's all coming in right there. It runs over to your driver side valve cover.

Dale

TTT

I noticed the same thing with my 94 SC. I started to notice oil on the ground and when i took a quick inspection it looked like it was coming from the lower intake tube/IC conection. I haven't had the chance to take a beter look yet.

sorry but whats normal bout that

ok obviously there is oil that travels through the valve train but what causes it to get sucked into the intake the intake tube on the valve cover (thinkin its called pcv or egv whatever)draws air if im not mistaken not pushen it out.so what causes that?

PCV is positive crankcase ventalation. From my understanding it releases presure in the cankcase caused by blowby. Corect me if I am wrong.

dansmurf the PCV valve does just that, assuming that it is still operating properly. These cars require the Motorcraft design PCV valve because it seals against the forced air charge, preventing large quantities of oil from entering the intake.

Check to see that the line is not clogged, the valve is operating, and that it is a motorcraft unit.

so thats basically the cause of oil gettin backed up in the intake ha (interesting).thinkin ill just use the one off the 94 im puttin in thanks fer the input.

The reason we have such an oil problem in the intake track is that when you go in to boost you have VAC now on anything befor the blower so thats the PCV as well as the vent tube from the drivers side. Some people have add a fuel filter to take the oil out and it works well.

If your triping oil from and place in the intake at a joint that means you have a boost leak there.

thanks jason thats what i was wonderin.bassically some of the threads are sayin the vavlve might be bad.like its supposed to be a one way valve ha?well anyway i guess if you beat yer car alot i can see it happenin the other thing is engine replacement thats this weekends project.have to say its not to bad on these though its realistically bout normal fer a newer car and easier than some.so i guess i aint gonna be to afraid ta blow it up again.seriously

Back