Grinding/Squeeking noise in front suspension

bman1985

Hi, I have been hearing a kind of squeeking, grinding noise comming from my front suspension, when going over speed bumps or on hills when driving, it sounds like it might be comming from the strut towers, Does anybody know what might be causing this noise?

Is is something which usually only happens when its cold? And does it sound sort of like "scruncha-scruncha"? If so, its likely the upper control arm bushings. They aren't separately replacable, you have to replace the upper control arm. Relatively easy job to do and if your upper ball joint rubber seals are cracked, you should go ahead anyway. The control arms run about $50-$60 each from Azone.

They were the source of my cold weather scrunching.

sway bar

end links ...when it gets really cold ..mine made lots of noise ...drive you nutz noise ..dave

Yeah it is only when its cold, and it has been really cold lately, I should have said that, that is probably my problem, I'll have to go take a look at it, thanks a lot:)

Im haveing the same problem. Its usually in the morning or when i jsut started the car and its cold out. Mine does sounds "scruncha-scrunch" when i hit dips or major bumps on my front end. Sounds like it comes from the drivers side. Thought it was bushing or something. I guess its the control arm bushing. Just hope it doesnt get worse, and ill change my reg bushings to see if it fixes the pro b/f doing the control arm. Keep me posted as to what you contribute your problem to. Thanks for the similar advise. Zach

Back