Knock knock..piston rod....

DGernmann

Think I blew a piston rod..taking the car to a reputable SC mechanic here in NJ. Heres my questions, they have not looked at the car yet...

First time I have ever been through this, any suggestions/comments please let me know. I was ready to get rid of her but I guess its cheaper to fix then get a new car.

1994 SC-manual

I know they have to remove the engine to rip apart the block, since that is out, what else should I do? I have thought of the following:

1) Engine mounts

2) Check the clutch to see if it needs replacing-has 87K on it, original one.

3) My A/C doesn't work figured I would have them fix that

4) Was thinking of adding some performance parts but not sure..such as a ported SC, inlet, throttle body and Maf, but not sure about the $$$.

Anything else I am missing? Thanks guys.

Don't add any performance bolt on parts at this time. Instead get the heads ported and get a mild performance cam regrind. These are things that will not only net better results for your money but are a PITA to do later. Do the small bolt ons yourself after you get the car back.

CALL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

I run the New Jersey Thunderbird and Cougar Club in North Jersey. We have special arrangements made with other repair shops for discounts. Also, other things to look for, my 95 did the same thing at only 55,000 miles. So, my number is 973-277-4294. I can give you more info on the rebuild idea also.

Don

Back