Why are there 2 diff o2 sensors listed for my 89SC

pipecraze

When I went to get replacement o2's for my 89 I was told there are two different kinds for that year. What is the difference between these two and how can I tell short of reading the part # on the ones I have now.

Thanks!

when I got mine this year from ford for my 90SC they said to look at the old ones and get the number. I think it might be that some 89-90 dont have EGR.

Hummm....if thats the case with the EGR then does anyone the part number for o2's with egr on the 89? I can't get under my SC right now!

I bought one at autozone the other day and it did not have a plug on it. I just took it back and got one from another store that had the plug. That's why thereare 2 numbers at autozone.

theid

Well if had my old set siting around I would take a pic to show you guys what they look like. It has nothing to do with how long the wires are since there the same on both sides.

The car is a 5 spd. I did crawl under there a few weeks ago to get the part number but I lost it!

Last edited:
Below are the two different part numbers I got from 5 star ford for my 89 5speed. One of these applies to my car but I don't know which yet...I can't get under my car at the moment to match the part numbers. Does anyone know what the difference is between these two part numbers

FOSZ-9F472-A____ O2
FO3Z-9F472-A____ O2

Last edited:
Back