Fried chicken / alternator

bnax

I figured the fried chicken might bait some help in :) I have an 95 SC Auto and the alternator just took a dump on me. I have the belt off and the two man front mounted bolts. and the main clip, but there is a bold between the back of the alt and the coil pack i can not get do I have to pull the coil pack also? does anyone have instructions or pictures. I tried to search the forums for a bit but just came up with upgrade info.

Thanks
Brandon
IN

Yes, you'll need the coil pack out of the way. 4 screws holding down the pack, so what I did was disconnected 3 of the spark plug wires, unscrewed the 4 bolts, lifted the whole thing out of the way. Once you do this, the bolt to the back of ALT is easy to get to.

Good Luck
Irv

what a pain

Thanks got that out.. had to take forever getting the SC intake pipe out of the way though.. the stud bolt that holds it in is a pain.... is it even needed? ? ?

WHAT TO DO ???????????????

THE I/C TUBE BOLT IS NOT NEEDED.AS WITH RAISED TOP I JUST CUT THE TAB OFF....FAST FREDDIE:cool: :D

back brace on alt

what about the little brace that goes on the back of the alt? is it needed? it already has the main 2 in the front?

FWIW, you don't need to remove any IC tubes to remove the alternator. Just take off the tensioner right there and the alternator will come out.

Dale

Back