resonator delete

ThunderDave

I've read quite a bit on here about deleting the resonator or replacing it with a high flow resonator or muffler. I've just done the head gaskets and want to free up the exhaust to help the head gasket job last longer. I'm thinking I'll try going without a resonator for a while and see if I'm happy with the sound and if not, I'll get a high flow res. or muff. in the place of the Y. Right now I have the stock cats and flowmaster muffs. Does anyone have a preference on what would be best to run (no res. or high flo res./ high flo muff) and how much muffler shops charge to take out res. and install aa Y?

Thanks for the help.

David

id go with a magna flow resonator and find a way to get the stock cats outta there. the stock cats are unbelievably restrictive, they literally bend at 90 degree angles!! yikes!

good luck
walter

I second the Magnaflow res, but there are a lot of other options as well. The resonator is basically just another muffler, so you get the idea. The stock res is very restrictive.

From reading a lot of opinions on this board, it seems that more people like the sound of the exhaust WITH a res, than without. You can also get hi-flow cats fairly cheap from Jegs for about $52/each. Depending on how much, if any, driving you did after the hg's went, it might be a good idea to replace the cats anyway...

Back