20 PSI of boost

Burbank95sc

Is 20 psi of boost little too much for my H.G. I h've got few mods.done last week when I took my sc on the street [ temperature was around 40 F ] to check it out how it works my stock boost gauge went much over 15 and I put aftermarket auto- meter gauge which showed 20 psi o.b. at 6,000 rpm on 2nd gear. Here are my mods[ 5% sc pl. , ASP und.pl. ,SCP rai. top ,BBK70mm t.b. , 76 MAF , MAC cold air int. (removed right fog light ) , 3.55 gears , custom exhaust with high flow resonator no mufflers. Should I try to lower my boost ? If yes . HOW?

Seems higher than normal. You should be seeing about 16-17 I'd think. Do you have high flow cats?

I have a stock exh. manifolds and stock cats .I have no idea why it's blowing that much of boost but when I had only 2 mod .on it [MAC cai,custom exh.]it pulled 15-16 psi and I run 14.4 -95 mph E.T. with only these 2 mods . the sc had 46K miles

lower the boost by getting a stock pulley put back on there. Maybe some high flow cats will help too. You got a 14.4 with just cat-back and CAI........is that correct, is that normal guys??

Get some highflow cats and move them downstream about 12-18". Remove the 3rd cat if you haven't already. Sounds like you have a good runner there.

Thanks Guys for some help .If I will save some more money I'm gonna get headers and high flow cats . About that E.T. I took my sc to GREAT LAKESDRAGAWAY last year with only those 2mods [nothing was removed from the car ,big custom ster. sys. in the trank , 3y.old s.....y tires.] and Idid 4 runs 60' 1/4 MPH / 2.028 14.472 95.02 / 2.216 14.577 93.20 / 2.321 14.931 93.63 / 2.332 14.724 95.30 / I'm planning to go to G. L.D. this year in spring time on 1st day openning of dragstrip and run 13's

Last edited:
Hey burbank95, yes you need to bring that boost down a bit. 16-17 is fine. I was running a 10% last year but started having detionation problems:eek: Not good. What color is your car? I might have seen your car as I spot all the SC`s on the road. There are not many around here. Oh wait I bought them all. My bad

SCBIRD1

I only have 5% not 10% ,my sc is dark red ,my brother used to have blue one [sold it 3 weeks ago] I used to live at northside of Chic. now I live at Burbank. Do you go to any dragstrip if yes where

I bought this sc in sep. 01 with 46K miles on it , the guy told me car is 100% stock , he bought this sc in summer 2000 with 20 K miles from old guy ,that 's what he told me . I don't think it has S-model blower becouse all blower bolts look like they never been touched .

Back