Torque converter?

jre97

Who sells the torque converters to fit an 89 xr7? I found a bunch on summit racing's site but they are for an 11.4" bolt circle. Will that fit? Also how do I know what stall to get?

There are a few companies that sell converters for you auto guys. If you go to www.supercoupeperformance.com they have converters there. If you call and talk to Bill he will help you decide or you can find one of the companies on the site and they will help you. Or you could call Summit and they will help you. Your best bet is to get one that is on the supercoupe website.

Actually what i was wondering is If I went with a performance converter, How would i go about determining what would be the best stall for the planned future mods? I have to replace my old (ballooned) torque converter any way an it's not something i would like to do twice considering I just had the tranny out to change a rear main seal and I'm already going to have to put one in again.

Give any tranny company a call. They will be able to tell you. If you are gonna make mods in the future the converter will feel "weak". I think that is the term Im lookin for. There are more things to the converter then just stall. If you pick up the latest issue of Car Craft...the last page breaks it down for you. Again, call the companies...if they wont spend the time with you, dont spend your money with them. Im sure some of the guys on this page have some or all of the mods your planning. Check their web pages and then give them a pm as well. My SC is a 5spd but my 97 thats gettin the 5.4 is an auto. I havent played the game for it yet, so let me know who is the greatest help...

Well generaly you want the converter to stall about 700-800 RPM BEFORE your torque peak of the engine, so you need to know what your torque curve is with the engine set up like you want.

Back