New BBK valve covers...

bbk valve covers

I just saw them on horsepower tv and went to the bbk website to take a look at them and was wondering the same thing.But sounds like the same ol story"wont fit".Oh well back to polishing the factory valve covers.

RE

I have a set and have no problems with them.
The fill tube is on the passenger side.
They also make a chromed version for like $100 more

Chris

Attachments

• valve covers.jpg
    valve covers.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 615
What gaskets do they use? Do they use the Early style cork or rubber. Or the new string type thats found on the 94-95?

Re

They come with really nice bolts and nice rubber flat gaskets.
And even a sticker.

I'll sell these ones since I sold the motor, never even installed them I was going to return them I paid like $225
I'll sell for $200 shipped little less then I bought them for, but still cheaper then you can buy them for.

paypal add paypal fee

Quick question. Why does it even matter? Can hardly see them under the hood anyway.

i swear i was going to ask that first, but didnt want anyone to bark at me, lol. I think it's the simple fact that there is yet another thing aftermarket for us damn it!! lol!

Jason Wild said:
I only see one problem with them since the oil filler will be at the back now

It doesn't matter....I know someone running LX valve covers, which puts the filler in the back and it works fine.

1BADSC said:
Quick question. Why does it even matter? Can hardly see them under the hood anyway. :)

I ripped so much crap out of my engine compartment that I can actually see mine. Having a '93 with the smaller ABS unit helps too.

Well.....

I painted my factory valve covers red and they are more than noticable, even with all the crap on the top of the engine. Hell, I can even see the header on the drivers side of the motor. You would really be surprised the amount of crap you don't notice when the car is in factory form.

im gunna go a little off topic but i heard earlier in this post about someone polishing the factory valve covers? What are the valve covers made of? i thought stamped steel?:confused: Can you polish steel?

just curious. thanks!

Back