All these lines behind SC?

35th T-bird SC

Stupid me I didn't label the hoses and vacuum lines behind the SC plenum. As I'm trying to figure it out, what goes to the egr valve? What is the grey box with wire harness going into it that mounts on the bracket on the plenum, and where does that hose for it go? There is a metal pipe that is curved and has a hose going in from the passenger side rear corner and it has two other openings so what fits into the other two openings? Which vacuum line goes into the SC cutout valve? Is it the one that goes to the rear drivers side corner and through the fire wall? That's all I can think of right now. Next time I'll make marks with different color paint pens.

I cant remember half of those but I can help you with one item there.... the grey box should be the EGR transducer, there is a rubber line connected to the EGR tube (the metal tube going from the EGR valve to the passenger side exhaust manifold) that hooks to the bottom of it.

This should help...

Alright, I was already up late with nuthin to do, so I did some research. Curiosity killed the cat, and would have bugged me had I not went and looked, but with a couple inches of snow still fallin, and being damn cold out, you owe me

Here are the lines that I was able to trace, so try to follow me on this. On the pcv valve, there is a vacuum line running to the inlet side of the plenum. There is a vacuum line that connects the inlet plenum to the outlet plenum, and then goes to the car, and has a white/black spacer thing on it. There is a line from the back of the inlet plenum to the bypass actuator. From the egr vavle, there is a green line that goes to the controllor on the drivers side of the motor. Then from the controller, a red line goes back to the back of the return plenum. From the return plenum, a line goes to the boost gauge. From the return plenum, there is a line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator. And from what I could see, there is a line that connects to the back of the inlet plenum to a splitter on the firewall, and goes back to the hvac controller inside the car as well as a few other spots. If I could get a camera in some of the spots, I would have taken some photos, but that seems a little tough right now. Enjoy, Alyn

Last edited:
I really appreciate it, one or two things look a little different since yours is a 1995 but that will really help me. I'll let you know how it goes later.

One note, don't use a rubber hose between the EGR tube and the EGR transducer. Its a special silicone hose, standard vacuum line will melt in the heat of the exhaust.

O.K. i've got them all figured out except; The grey box (transducer) has a grey hose coming out of it, this one goes to the egr pipe right? The pipe that goes down to the manifold. And I figured out that the vacuum line that goes on top the egr is the one from the egr box (in the corner passenger side) because the length is just right. But that's the one I broke the other day. Snapped like a twig. Anyone have an extra egr vacuum line? Another thing I was unsure of, the curved steel pipe. One end I saw goes on the pcv valve and the other end must go on one of the plenum nipples. It's pretty close to matching up but I can't get it to twist the right direction to plug into both sides. That bolt in the back of the plenum to intake manifold is impossible to get to, I've got the wiper cowls off and now must take the plastic off underneath the cowls which looks like a p.i.t.a. any ideas?

I just fixed this on my supercoupe. I had a bad vacuum leak that caused my car to not idle. I thought I connected that same line, but I didn't. There is actually 3 lines that come off the PCV valve. The PCV valve, smaller line going towards the passanger side up near the relays, and the one you are refering to. It actually connects to a pretty big nipple, (yes I said nipple) on the back of the SC. The hard line coming from the PCV valve goes INTO the nipple coming off the SC and the smaller rubber hose seals them together. I actually unbolted my throttle cable bracket that bolts the throttle body instead of trying to remore the cowl. Gives more room to reach behind the SC. I connected this and it started right up and idled. Hope this helps.

Mike

Back