Transmission

blackstallion94

Ok i have a 94 auto with no major upgrades. Every so often when i put my car under full acceleration it will not shift completely into 2nd it will go inbetween 1st and 2nd and rev up. I am not sure why but i feel that i need to rebuild it because i already have 90,000 on it already. Now i have looked up a heavy duty rebuild kit but it says that it dose not come with the 2" od band. Now there is a diode kit available dose that include a 2"od band. Also i see that there is an Art Carr valvebody and a transgo shift kit. I am wondering which would be better for a mostly street a little strip performance. I am also aware that heat is the killer of auto transmissions. So i think a deep pan and a cooler are a must when doing a performance rebuild. I am planning on playing on the street and using as my daily driver. I want good solid shifts but i dont wanna get whiplash. Thanks for any info on what to do.

Blackstallion, I am shopping for the parts to do a rebuild also, only I'm doing a 90 AOD. Sounds like at least some of your clutch packs are toast. You should be able to find a "master" rebuild kit that includes a 2" od band, are you looking at aod-e/4r70w kits? If not, you can buy a 2" od band separate for as little as 10.00 at some suppliers. The one-way diode kit doesn't come with a o.d. band. I installed a trans-go shift kit 40,000 miles ago and am basically happy with it, but I would be happier with a Art Carr valve body with fully manual control. About 3 times the price of a trans-go kit though. A good transcooler is essential for any auto trans, but personally I don't see the need for a deep sump aluminum pan. I could be wrong, but just don't think it's needed. Post back with what you find, and anybody else chime in here with good info on rebuild kits and suppliers you have used. Good luck, John

You don't need the 2" OD band, reverse drum, or machanical diode. They are already in the AODE you have. These parts are only necessary for a AOD build up.

Bryan

Sounds like what my 4r70w was doing. Go over to TCCOA and look up transmissions and you will find a article from the guy who developed this trans. Cost me about $75 bucks and 2 hr`s of my time but you need to read this several times to fully understand what you are doing. Its not that hard and all you need to do is drop your pan, drill some holes and replace some accumulaters+ springs. you wont be disapointed. My car works like a manuel valve body and you can set how hard you want it to shift.
:cool: Try this first before you go pulling this thing out.

Back