94 egr 90 no egr

belucky

obviously i will end up usin my 90 emissions but why does the 94 have a egr.also im tellin ya there is no difference in the blowers that i can telli took the one off the 90 and the bolt pattern in the intake hole fron the 2 are even the same,so where is the difference unless the motor i pulled out is a 94-95 which i highly doubt.thanks.

The 94/95 blower and plenum have a rectangular mating surface allowing a larger amount of air to pass through the blower.The newer blower rotors also were Teflon coated and were rated at 20 more hp than the early models that had oval openings.The blower/plenums as a unit can be swapped between the model years,just need to redirect some of the vacuum lines.
z

yea after workin on it tonight i noticed that the intake (passenger side)has a different flange on it with vacum lines comin off.probably will figure it out but thought i would ask where do the vacum lines get rerouted or do the extra ones get blanked off?.i also noticed that the 90 blower has a spout for the egr valve but has a plate bolted over it so i just put the plate on the 94 n done with that.also i would like to say that the information i got before on the 90-94 differences was exactly right on as far as the crank sensor,the main injector harness.one other thing i was wonderin the injectors off the 90 are red and so are the 94s i thought different pound injectors were different colors with ford?also figured i would use the 94 regulator (might help some with flow)one other thing the main injector harness on th 94 has a wire on the back off engine that goes to a sensor that i aint sure of its bolted on the head on the drivers side its gotta end up right by the firewall,and mine has a big grey plug in the middle of the engine that doesnt go to anything.not expectin anyone to know what im talkin about but figured i would throw that out there n see if anyone knew what i was sayin.thanks

EGR

EGR breakout by year and tranny:

89 both: EGR
90 auto: No EGR
90 5-speed: EGR
91-93 both: No EGR
94-95 both: EGR;)

I was getting worried there for a minute.. mine is showing EGR codes and its an 89.

Why did they go away from EGR?

Back