new product

Killer SC

saw this on HPTV, they look good, they're custom, they said on the show they were cheap, buttt you never know. defintly cheaper than sport seats. You can price your own and they send you a quote, I'm waiting for mine cuz my seats are in rough shape.

just think

New Black leather seats with "SC" lettered in smoke on the front!

if they're cheap, I may be doing this.

I think this is a great idea but they are over 3 thousand miles away and you dont get to drop in and see how things are going wich means you must except what ever they make you.Now if your a fussy SOB like I am then that just wont cut it for me!Now I'd like to see some one elses and if they are nice then I'd consider it.But I'm not going to be the guine pig,not for over a thousand bones!:D :D

Will these fit the SC seats? :confused: I'm checking them out now but they all appear to be for the LX.

Last edited:
I'm finding that out now, they said on HPTV that they'll make em for every car, I emailed them to find out! Also I saw them install them on a that black mustang they've been working on, they looked amazing.

Covers are just that,they only cover what you have.They are not stitched to the seat and they would end up stretching and moving around,my opinion is to get your seats redone if enough of you got together you would get a price break on it for sure.Remember that when they buy the leather they must buy it in square ft,so for one person it would take alot but for many they could use a larger size when buying and you would save money.The only expensive leather is the perforated leather that runs down the middle,the rest can be had cheaply.I had my seat bottom redone and they matched it and it looks great.Just a thought!

There was one on trucks TV that makes covers where you strip the old stuff and the new one replaces it so in a way it's not a cover because you mount it the same. If I rember right it's called catskin I'm not a 100% sure.

Jason Wild said:
There was one on trucks TV that makes covers where you strip the old stuff and the new one replaces it so in a way it's not a cover because you mount it the same. If I rember right it's called catskin I'm not a 100% sure.

did you check the link jason, those are katzkin :) and yes they are covers but no ordinary covers, they come in 2 pieces, one for the top and one for the bottom, they used that...uhh what's is called, concrete glue? it was some spray on thing so they dont move. they looked like factory seats, you couldn't tell they were covers at all

Stephen,

I'm sorry to call you out on this one, but you can ask Les if you think I'm making this one up, as he and I stripped one of his old leather seats down to the bare frame...

The stock SC leather seats really just have 'covers'! They are in no way stitched to the seat frames. With enough care and patience, you can strip the stock leather off the seats without tearing it anywhere, or undoing any seams.

I suspect the seat 'covers' that Alex posted the link for are really much the same in construction as the stock setup. ...That's not to say that they'll fit the same, due to differences in manufacturing quality.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear that up.

In that way, someone like me with stock cloth seats could purchase one of these kits and replace the stock cloth coverings with the aftermarket leather ones.

Best regards,

Sean

It's the same people but there stuff does not look as good as then they showed them on trucks TV as well there was no use of concrete glue that I dont like. I will leave this up to my buddy that does this stuff.

Sean is 100% right. The key here is "Replacement covers" or there are those that are covers wich actually do cover our covers.Are you confused yet? I have a friend who does this and to make it fit properly you have to take the seat apart and take the sticthing apart and cut the leather to the exact patern of the old piece and sew them together exactly the same as it came apart.I saw the mustang replacements last weekend and they seemed to fit rather loosely for my liking and I think that is exactly what you would get from them and they would slide all around if not glued and I do not think that is a good idea! Say you need to replace a piece and they are glued ,there goes the foam. But it all comes down to what YOU want! Who is good with a sewing machine? we could make theese ourselves.I can show you guys a place in T.o. that has a ton of material and you can pic your quality of material be it leather what ever and I can show you how my budy does the seats.Its not that hard ,I just cant make my stiches that straight with the machine or I'd do it myself!:D :D

I think the quality you're talking about, Greg, is what you would come to expect from a shop that does professional interior replacement. There are several good shops like that around. We've even got one here in Hamilton, called Goldstar or something like that. The downside is, you really end up paying for that quality.

If money was no object, I'd go that route.

Best regards,

Sean

If you look at this pic you can see how the look is sub par to at least what I would be looking for. Any word an the price for a bird my guess would be $1500CA by time you get it with shipping and tax and duty.

EXCURSION.jpg

Back