Attn: joenintiesc....

LJGriggs

A few days ago we discussed possible remedies for leaking tranny cooler lines... Well, today I was browsing through some of the info over on the MN12 Performance site and came across a write-up about refurbishing the fuel rails. That lead me to the following site: http://www.aeroquip.com/pages/prodinfo.html There just may be a solution for all kinds of "high performance" line and hose applications available from this company... Anyway, its worth a look-see (and it's probably better than my duct-tape suggestion:D ...)

Hey Larry, nice find. Thanks for the heads-up! I noticed only one type of hose actually mentioned tranny fluid. I wonder if the others would be ok, I guess it depends on how hot tranny fluid gets.

Here's a similiar site I bookmarked a few years ago:

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/

I'm going to have to do a little more research to determine what type of hose can be used, and what size/type fittings would be needed. I'll keep you posted!

Hi Larry and Joe,
I ran into a leaking problem as well on my LX. I did a bit of research on replacing the section of line. I found that a lot of lines couldn't handle the heat of the trans fluid. An easy to use replacement is flexable tranny line that you can buy by the foot at any local performance shop. But this tube is expensive. It is also a rubber compound. I invisioned kicking up a rock or somthing and damaging the line.
The stock line reminded me of the same tubing as brake lines. So a bought a piece to compare. They are both aluminum tubing. I also found some brake lines to have thicker walls. So, I bought a pre cut piece and compressin fitted it where the line was broken. You can also buy the tube in a roll, and a tube bender. This way you can replace the entire line and bend similar to stock angles.

Joe, I don't know when the next njtacc meeting is, but you are welcome to take a look at what I did.

Good Luck,
Jim

Cool Jim, thanks:cool:

I'm still fixated on some type of ss braided line, though. It's such a small section leading into the radiator that it probably wouldn't be that expensive to just do that one part...

See you at the next meeting...

Back