can we settle this once n fer all

belucky

alrught some of you guys know im puttin a 94 engine in my 90.the problem im havin is gas pressure for the 36 pound injectors,some people are sayin i can have a mas air flow calibrated to work,others are sayin that wont work cause the computer aint gonna adjust anyway,now my buddy has a paxton regulator for his mustang but isnt sure the fuel pressure curve on it.obviously one way to get it close is to use an adjustable regulator,but were do i mount the fuel pressure guage,there is a valve core on the fuel rail by the front drivers side of the motor,there or in line?also the 90 i took out has red injectors the 94 also has red injectors.also i was told i cant have a chip burned for my computer until the engine is runnin and i explain to them how it runs.knowin all this it would be nice to set the facts strait once n for all.thanks

on the guage mount i stand corrected

it has to mount on the fuel rail cause thats the only spot past the regulator.how would i adapt somethin to mount on that valve core spout?thanks

If the injectors on your car are Red then they are 30# injectors. No if's and's or but's you won't need the computer recalibrated for that. If you have the Blue top injectors they are the 36# injectors then you can use a C&L MAF with the proper tube you can run 36's with out problems. You could also buy a PRO-M MAF and do the same thing. They both fool the computer anyway and are proven to work.

If you have 30# injectors then how are you sure you have a late model motor?

Jeff

You can remove the schrader valve with a valve stem removal tool for tires. BTW the schrader valve is before the regulator.

Jeff

go to summitt, i got an accel FPG and it comes iwht a schraeder removal tool, and all you gotta do is mount it on there, it will sit right in from of your top intercooler tubing. heres a pic of mine.

Last edited:
thanks that helps a lot

if this engine is supposed to be a 94 then why does it have 30 pound injectors?(by the way thanks for that reply i thought ford injectors were different colors according to poundage)the other thing is my 94 timing cover is the same as the 90.but the blower is definitly a 94 and the engine had all the sensors i was told i would have to change(crank sensor ect.)the bone yard i bought the engine from guarented its a 94 cause i questioned it to.is it possible some of the 94s were different than later 94s n 95s?and besides all that i would need more fuel for the 94 blower obviously.anyway im going to be done with it tommorow night well see how it runs.another thing, on the 90 was trying to figure out for sure what happened to it (n i wil probably drop the oil pan on it tommorow night)but i wonder since there was oil being sucked through the intake is it possible it could suck enough oil to hydrolic lock a piston or2?spark plugs sure were wet.that might be somethin to consider for all of us that like to beat our cars once in a while,if you do do it once or twice then give it some time before you do it again.like probably at least 20 min. er so ha!

by the way thats the valve i was talkin about on the fuel rail (cool)summitt ha,sold.by the way what kinda ponies you runnin with that one?looks like you got some cheese on that.

FPG

belucky said:
by the way thats the valve i was talkin about on the fuel rail (cool)summitt ha,sold.by the way what kinda ponies you runnin with that one?looks like you got some cheese on that.

looking for 300 at the moment with all the stuff thats on my member page. the guage is like 40-50 bucks or something, Accel is the brand name. good luck

oh BTW I'm not done with her just yet, its like 20 below here in minnesota so i got a few months!!! should be roaring in the spring!

Back