m5r2 internal trans pics

Charkly

hey guys-i would like to throw a set of blocker rings in one of my spare 5 speeds, and would like a picture of the distance the blocker is supposed to be from the gear, and what it looks like when its bad-also-maybe a diagram or something to make my life a bit easier-any pics or info about putting in blockers would be helpful-thanks a bunch, mike-

ps-I did do a search and didnt find anything useful-no step by steps or pics of good/bad blockers-thanks, mike

the distance should be .060 or greater between the blocker and the gear. If its under .020 then it needs replacement. I had a bunch of pics when i did mine of the gears. I'll see if i can dig them up. I have a brand new 5th gear blocker, that i bought two of, if you need it, i'd sell it to ya. Its just sitting in my garage.

I need a 5th gear blocker. How much do you want with shipping? I can paypal the money today and I would need it shipped tomorrow. It's either that or I have to go to the dealer and pay thier price.

Let me know.

mdkracing@alltel.net

Was there someone who offered a rebuild these trannys or did you have to buy it piece by piece. I did find a place on E-Bay that had whole trannys for sale for like $1300.00 or something but that was a few months ago. I would also like to see some pics ifn you got em...

make with the pics

make with the pics man-lol-just kidding, I appreciate the help-as for you thread hijackers-Im glad you all found a place to sell and buy stuff-lmao-just kidding (again) Means I dont have to bump it to the top-thanks a lot-and buy and sell to your delight-mike

i deleted the pics, cause i thought i would never need them. IF you pull the top cover off, and push the brass ring toward the gears, there should be a large gap...about .070-.060". IF its touching, or very very minimal gap then those are the gears that prob. grind. WHile the tranny is out you might as well replace all the blockers 1-4, and 5 and reverse. 5th and reverse arn't needed, but i would deff do 1-4.

um I got a rebuilt trans for $750, so far its been good, I had one problem (leaking tailshaft seal ) and they sent a new one...My old trans had no reverse or 5th gear and 3rd grinded so loud it was painful and there was tons of metal in the fluid ;)

trans

I have 2 early model 5 speed sc trans-and another on its way-i mainly want to do this to get a workind knowledge of the 5 speeds-that and to insure ill have a spare, and always have parts-lol-I know someones gotta have some pics of the insides-ive opened the cover and now know what to look for, but would like a pic showing which synchro is for which gear-a labeled diagram of first, second, etc, and that gears synchro, as well as good and bad examples-mike

anyone?

I'm sure someone rebuilt there trans and took pics-don't make me go into this blind-lol-Once I take mine apart I'll post pics regardless-mike

I think I still have my alldata systems printout of the breakdown of the m5r2 tranny. If you want, I can scan em and send em as pics, but there is about 5 or 10 pages if my memories are right. They are the full detailed instructions on building/dissambling the tranny. Simailair to whats in the chiltons/haynes guides. Let me know if you wantem.

YES!!!

yes i would really like it if there were some way for you to get those pages to me-id really appreciate it-if youd be so kind and its no inconvenience, my email address is

MikeOefelein@aol.com

thanks. mike

Okay

I'll get them to you sometime tomorrow if not tonight. I got them out in the garage with my spare tranny.

Back