engine rebuild tips continue

creeperxr7

well after all this time finally got to start my engine .. i wanna think mike 38 sc.. and every body else that guided me trough this .. Sorry for not updating sooner after i finished the engine it sat on the stand for awhile i tought while it was torre down id work on every thing else i wanted to do to it so i took out my valve body cleaned out all the the valves and put new gaskets ... drained all the oil ... also changed the diff.. oil and put conditioner in it ported my exhaust.. dont know how well of a job i did on the .... i hope their is no way you can mess them up just did the holes bigger as much as i could fabricated myself an intake heat sheild now im just waiting on my intake ......well on started the engine i was a alittle scared checked everything about 100 times i was all nerves turned it on oil pressur registered at 75 psi.. for awhile tought i was kind of high but then it droped to 30 psi idle dont know if that kinda low coolant level ok.... but sounds like i have an exhaust leak....also my boost/vac gauge reads between the 10 and 20 closer to 10 i can never get it to read higher since the last engine was in their its realativly low... left it running for about 30 min just to make sure all the moisture was steamed up by the engines heat....... sorry for the long post im just kind of exited:D and not all sure at the same time:confused:

Hi there Creeper! Glad you got it running!
Your oil pressure sounds good and normal.
Your idle vac does seem to be off however. I would check every single joint in the intake system for leaks. I would also check the entire IC for leaks as well. If you dont find any joints in the intake system leaking it very possable that the GLUE that holds the tubes and fins of the IC have poped loose from the tubes and that could be your vac leak.

hey mike thanks to u and many others on the board i did it ... and wich glue are we talking about here the one that goes on the end of each ic tube were the o ring is placed.... i have tbird 88 ic gaskets running on the car but my vac has always been that level even on the other engine.. also any tips on breaking it in:rolleyes:

Back