Gentleman!!! ROYAL PURPLE!!!

NJTBIRD89

What are your thoughts about Royal Purple Synthetics for the MN12's

I was watching horsepower TV and it's on the video link at their website.

What do you think about the product? Good? Waste?

If you are running all out (as in looking for every last HP) then go for it. Otherwise, it's a waste of money.

I looked at buying a 5 Gallon bucket of one of the synthetic lubes as a SC fluid. There right here in Houston, just around the corner from where I work.

Jeff

cool

cool
attachment.php

Last edited:
I used to work with a guy that had a buddy that sold the stuff. He said he saw him put the stuff in an air compressor that was knocking. He said the company used to replace the odd compressors like every other year. After switching over to Royal Purple it extended the life of the compressors to five years before replacement. Thats a large savings when you have like ten compressors. I guess it depends on how much and how hard you run your ride. Im gonna switch to Synpower as soon as my engine make it to 10k mi.

On a different note, Manny, are their two huffers on that thing. I got on to your page and there were no pics so Ill assume its being built. Are you looking to buy a set of injectors. I have #38s on mine but at present its too lean. Might be lookin to sell them soon.

Bobistheoilguy.com has significant information on the topic of oil, including some which will assist you in selecting a brand or type. They also have forums where you can simply ask the others.

I see somebody watches ATHF :)

Not a whole lot of info on RP oil over on the oil guy forum, last I looked. They weren't all that thrilled about not knowing what the additive package was and RP won't say of course. Their take was it was just some off the shelf oil with purple dye until someone could prove different. It's been about a year I guess since I looked for info on RP over there.

Just went and looked. A couple of comments in point:

IME they're both decent oils. RP is "OK" but its UOA results are generally not as good as Amsoil (or as good as Mobil 1). Since they're all about the same price, I'd use Amsoil or Mobil 1 over RP.

Keep in mind that Royal Purple street oils are semisynthetics, not full synthetics. Only their racing oils are full synthetics. With that in mind, $5.33 seems high. I've seen Royal Purple street oils sold for a bit less than that.

My opinion: of the two, go with AMSOIL.

Funny thing is, and this has nothing to do with RP, I remember one sales rep coming to the shop I worked at and offering us this totally awsome oil line, can't even remember the name, anyway. so he had several oils for comparison and some friction/load testing equipment. The shop owner told him that if his oil could outperform what we were using now he'd buy it.

So they guy tested his oil to see how long it would take to seize up the test bearing. It took quite awhile, and it was better than any of the other oils he had there for comparison, so that was impressive. So then we take a quart of the Amsoil that we had in the shop and it wouldn't seize up at all. :confused: :D

Back