Adding SC fluid while on ramps.

35th T-bird SC

My car has been on ramps for 3 months now, I added the BP turbo oil to my SC today. I know it takes about 8 ounces but how much should I add without overfilling it because it's tilting back. I couldn't get any out, I think I lost most of it when it was laying on a downward angle when it was on the bench. There still may be some in there though. Will there be any problems if a small amount of Ford fluid and my BP oil mix?

If there is SC fluid just on the bottom edge only of your plug which you unscrew to pour the fluid in, then you have enough in there. To be sure, you should be on flat ground though.

Not sure of mixing what you call BP turbo Oil and FORDS SC fluid would hurt or not.... but I use GM's SC Fluid, nearly 20 bucks cheaper and is basically the same from what I have heard around here anyways.

Jeff B.

There was a lot of thread talk about this a while back. A lot of people use the BP turbo oil and have had good results. You can buy a quart of it for about $11. That's enough oil for a lifetime of SC oil changes.

Back