20psi Supercharger From Thomas Knight

1BADSC

http://www.boosthead.com/home.php

has anyone ever seen anyone with one of these.

"Revolutionary Electric Supercharger with 20psi of boost. 20psi comes on in 3/10ths of a second, instantly adds 75hp. Flows 405 cfm at only 5.5psi.

Operates on 12v-36v racing batteries. Tripple 6hp motors turn it for 15,000 watts of power. Designed for short 15 second bursts of speed much like nitrous, but without the refills. price is 2,995. "

Seems interesting at least, possibly for a power adder.

Attachments

• intro.jpg
    intro.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2,569
Given the company that builds it, I guess I'd be willing to give it the initial benefit of the doubt, but I'd want to look over some real-world test results regarding performance and longevity before I'd consider plunking down $3k for one.

I would think with all the electrical"quirks" our cars already have I would steer clear of this interesting Idea but ,I'll pass!

Well for one, it's not intended for an engine the the size of the SC motor. It uses an Eaton M45 off of a 4 cyl Merc. It also is made to run off of 3 seperate batteries that aren't hooked up to the host car, although you could.

Our cars don't really have electrical problems that I know of other than the few known bugs that are easily cured. Since it is not intended for an engine of this size what's the point?

Jeff

The drive system could easily be adapted to a larger m90 or m112 blower Im sure..However even as it states on his own very webpage..Intended for cars that do not have SC kits available..It be interesting to see what the parasitic drag on an m90 is though..Add one of his drive systems to the stock m90blower setup on an sc..I wonder...

Oops I worded that wrong. Should have said that "I know that Geoff Knight even posted to this subject."

On second thought I do know this subject. ;)

Jeff

Back