Mount Mount FAQ?

Killer SC

Ok I may have to break out the car early this year, i don't want to but I might have to, so I can't wait for it to be warm to work on it anymore, so I have to do my motor mounts, I've looked for a FAQ on this but I can't find anything, and also the haynes book looks like complicated math to me. I'm pretty sure I can do this, and I'm good with instructions, so if anyone could find the time to may'be do a step by step it would defintitly be appreciated and worth a 6 pack!!!!! any takers?? c'mon it's beer!!! haha

thx to anyone with any tips or anything, I may be in over my head.

step #1

...disconnect NEG cable from battery...

maybe the rest will add ...but read up on head gasket replacement.much the same without having to do all of it ...
...mines been apart a few times now ...so I have short cut.... alot of things ... like there's no stud holding the lower IC tube to the altenator/powerstreering bracket anymore..
I don't use a powerstreering pulley puller...just remove the whole bracket .. and #ed the plug wires ..cause coil is coming with it ...
..so it be hard to do step by step ...since some of us do things a little to a lot different ....dave

Last edited:
holy &*%* I have to take that whole thing off?? to do motor mounts? ugh, I have basically everything off the top of the engine, the SC, air inlet, TB, IC, wiper cowl, rad. I thought i was at the point were I can go down and replace them, I didn't know I have more to take off. I've already attempted to take that whole bracket off and I'm ot having any luck, I was oping I wouldn't have to take that off.

LoL

like I said ....'without having to do it all' .. how are you lifting the motor ? hoist and or floor jack ? and what are you using for replacement mounts ....do you need to use old bracket?...your mounts are most likey.. going to come out in pieces ...which can make it alittle easier. but you have to get the Through-bolts {bolts that go through the mount and sub frame member} and if memory serves me right ...the lower IC tube was in the way ...on the one side ..dave

yeah i'll be using a floor jack, and I will need to re-use the old brackets, I guess we'll see if it really gets in the way when I get down there.

I'm going to be changing mine as well vary soon. what mounts are you looking at useing I think I will be calling Rich at MN12 for a set

I already got mine, I got em from axlr8r, they're solid and they re-use the old brackets. can't say much about them, they are black and rubber :) if you want any more info lmk.

the ones matt gets are the same ones that rich at mn12 gets, rubber is rubber when its made in india, think for both its 100 bucks or 100 and change..

Back