Any way to disable the traction assist?

rookie94sc

Besides pushing the button every time, is there any way to permanently disable the traction control on a 94/95 SC? I'm gonna be upgrading to a 3.55 rear with Trac-loc. And all the traction control does is wear out my brakes. Anyone know?

Yea there's a wire you can cut on the ABS computer that will kill traction Assist. I believe it is pin #25 I have the info at home, so if no one has confirmed it by tonight, I'll post again.

Ok... Doubt having it on with the the trac-loc diff would be any more of a help getting traction would it?:confused:

OK, I confirmed, if you cut the wire on pin #25 from the ABS module, it will permanently disable traction control.

I personally dont think our traction control works very well at all, but it would be even less effective with a traction-lock rear end. If anything you should get a little better traction with the trac-loc rear, over the open rear w/assist, by having the traction of 2 tires at the same time, rather than 1 at a time.

Agreed on all. I will be cutting that wire this weekend.

The traction assist uses the rear breaks to stop a wheel from spinning, so it would just go back and forth and get nasty if you put on a track-lock diff.

I had to be the worst gimick since pontiac came out with 455HO
same motor in the grand safari station wagon but they sold a lot of them. I will cutting this wire also. Thanks for the heads up on this one Jason. I still needed to keep the red one stock with the button and all. Mark J.

I'm gonna cut it but I think I'll leave some lead just in case I wanna hook it back up and resell it.

Back