Just a couple simple questions can anybody help??

brian93sc

Ok i'm currently in the process of converting my 93 auto to a 5 speed. I have a donor car, but it's an 89, my question to you kind people is, can the computer out of the 89 be plugged into my 93? and if not, what will happen if i try to? And also i noticed the steering column has a plastic button that needs to be pressed to get the key out on the 5 speed. Will i need this because of the 5 speed, or is that something they did with all of the earlier sc's? Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Brian

5-speed swap

depending on your 93', the 89 has the EGR. When I did it on my 90 35th, I used parts from an 89. I swapped the computer and the car ran funny and thrw the check engine light. Pulled codes and every one pertained to the EGR. If your 93, does not have egr, you can use your 93 auto computer. If you find an 91-93 5-speed computer, you will get the EGR codes, unless you have EGR.
About the steering column, I didn't switch the colume on mine. It starts up and everything. That would be up to you.
Good luck to you, it took me a total of 6 days to do it. The pedals are one of the big pain in the a$$.

Back